Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
GMAT: 720 (assume this score for now, but please advise if a higher score would add anything - I haven't taken the official exam yet) Undergrad GPA: 3.4 overall, but significant trend higher once in major courses (3.8 in double major of accounting & corporate finance) - grades in all quant classes are strong Undergrad Institution: Average public school in the Midwest Work Experience: 2 years w/Big Four accounting firms (1 of which was M&A due diligence) out of undergrad; 2.5 years of private equity experience (3.5 at matriculation), including a board seat at one portfolio company EC Activities: Pretty light on this end w/work hours and being married! Gender, etc.: White male (seems unfortunate for b-school...)
I won't go to b-school unless I get into a top 7 program, as my employer would prefer that I stay at the firm. That said, any suggestions or feedback on odds of admittance at the top schools (forget Stanford, I think they're looking for a different type)?
You might as well give it your best shot and see how it goes. The top 7 schools aren't out of reach, but keep in mind that there's enough folks these days with pre-MBA PE experience that you'll be up against folks with bluer chip resumes than you may have. Columbia, Chicago, Kellogg, Sloan and Tuck are all within reach, Wharton is a probable (maybe even a stretch, hard to say this year), and HBS and Stanford are stretches - but then again, if you really want to go, by all means apply.
Re: Profile Evaluation Request - PE Experience [#permalink]
14 Feb 2010, 14:53
Assume the same information as above, but now I'm looking at a very difficult question as work got very busy over the last few months and I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to attend B-school period. Long story short, I did not submit any applications in Rounds 1 or 2. Now, I'm stuck with the difficult question of whether I should apply in Round 3 (knowing the chances are reduced significantly), or waiting until next fall and applying in Round 1. What bothers me is age - I will be 28 in April (2010) and thus would be entering b-school at 29 if I wait to apply until fall (for 2011 admission).