Joined: 15 Oct 2013
Location: United States (PA)
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE: Marketing (Law)
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation Request (Very low GPA, Very high GMAT) [#permalink]
21 Nov 2013, 17:23
Hi, I'm a 28-year-old female with a profile that is a bit all over the place, and I'm hoping someone can evaluate my school selection and/or offer suggestions on schools I might want to look at, given my profile.
Also any other analysis or comments on application strategy is also always welcome!
Thanks so much!
 MARKETING & I.T. COORDINATOR, for a national law firm - 3 years experience
- Marketing Functions: Printed and online marketing materials redesign and maintenance, business development - RFP bids, firm & partner business plans, conferences/speaking opportunities advice and coordination, maintain list of key contacts for current and target clients.
- IT Functions: Troubleshooting, training, and strategic advice for all hardware and software in Princeton and Philly offices, coordination with various IT vendors/service providers.
- 760 - V: 44, Q: 49, IR: 7, AWA: 5.5
- V: 166 (96th%), Q: 168 (96th%), AWA: 3.5
 BRYN MAWR COLLEGE - B.A. in MATHEMATICS - GPA: 2.3
- Note: In addition to my abysmal GPA, I also a have large gap in my education timeline: I should have graduated in 2008 but was short 1 semester's worth of credits, which I had intended to take off-campus the following semester for transfer and promptly finish up. Things did not go as planned and despite lacking a degree, I ended up working full-time and beginning my career. Then in January 2013, I decided to go back full-time to Bryn Mawr and I finally completed my degree. (Unfortunately, there are no extenuating circumstances that led to my poor academic performance other than immaturity and a perceived lack of existential purpose.)
 LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
- Bryn Mawr Residential Council, Elected Co-President
- Student Government Association, Bryn Mawr Boad of Trustees Finance Committee, Athletic Association, NCAA Field Hockey TeamNCAA Indoor and Outdoor Track Team
- First choice school is CMU-Tepper
- Other schools I am considering: George Washington, Georgetown, Boston College, Boston University, Northeastern, Babson, Baruch College, U of Marland - Smith, Johns Hopkins - Carey
 Applying Round 2 this year.
 SHORT-TERM GOAL:
- Career change to Consulting - Specifically to work either in the Corp. Social Responsibility department of a large consulting firm or at a CSR-specialized boutique consulting firm. Interested in consulting business strategy/development for consumer products/services companies and/or non-profits.