Thanks in advance for any advice.
26/Indian/Male - Looking to apply Fall 2013 for 2014 matriculation.
Master's in Electrical Engineering (University of Toledo). 3.93 GPA - Chose this university in spite of a 1400/1600 GRE score due to the research opportunities available the University and an opportunity to work on a real world problem (customer project) at a start up company as my Master's Thesis research
Bachelor's in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (University of Mumbai) . 75% (First Class with Distinction)
720 (Q49, V39), 94% percentile
3 years (4 years by the time I matriculate) experience as a Process Development Engineering (RnD) at a leading LED manufacturer in US.
• Led New Product Introduction (NPI) teams in the development of LED components used in a wide range of customer applications
• Optimized efficiency, reduced scrap, and increased profitability by driving down factory defects while maintaining the time to market goals and meeting quality and customer requirements.
• Transfer complete manufacturing technology and processes for over 10 commercially available products from R&D to manufacturing/mass production facility in Asia
Interned at a start up company for a year during my Master's
• Collaborated with team of senior engineers to provide fabrication services for Fortune100 clients
• Developed a cost-effective technique for fabrication of MEMS devices on flexible substrates, leading to a 60% increase in production yield and a $80k production order
Post MBA Goals
I am looking to get an MBA as I feel as if I could learn a lot on how to apply my analytic skill set on a larger scale. I am really interested in Operations Management and would like to pursue working in that domain after my MBA, preferably for one of the larger firms, with a long-term career goal of advancing into a senior role.
Leadership roles (Technical Head/Treasurer) in the IEEE chapters at both Master's and Bachelor's level
Volunteering at a non profit organization in India as a Mentor for international students who wish to pursue graduate studies in the US - online math tutoring, suggestions on programs/schools to target,help with application for scholarships, etc.
Wanted to get your thoughts on my chances of getting into a top 10 B-school. I was thinking on the lines of Darden/Tepper/Ross/Duke and would like to hear your thoughts on my odds of getting into those schools.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
You are being realistic and have a competitive profile for your target programs. You may also want to consider Cornell's accelerated program. If you aren't afraid to try a stretch program where the chances of rejection are higher, consider MIT Sloan.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog