You definitely have a strong profile. Your academic proficiency is excellent. I like your work experience as well, you seemed to have that your work experience appropriately. This will tell the admissions committee that you definitely know what you are getting into.
Right now, my recommendation would be to definitely apply.
The one thing that I would caution you about is focusing too much on your academic performance. They will know how gifted you are by reviewing the and data sheet, your resume and perhaps even some of the awards you have garnered for being at the top of your class. Focus more on your leadership abilities, as well as your work experience. In fact, a good way to focus on your leadership abilities is to talk about your leadership at work, as well as during your undergraduate career. Remember, that business schools view success not as academic, but as being able to increase the collective good that you provide to any team -- no matter the setting. Given that you only have limited work experience, you really need to highlight the nature of your leadership abilities during your undergraduate career. I cannot emphasize this enough.
As far as other early admission programs go, I really only know of Yale's Silver Scholars and Harvard's 2+2. I wish I could be of more help in this area, but I really only deal with top 15 schools.
With respect to recommenders, I recommend going with the persons that know you the best. Seriously, I know this is somewhat cliché, but you really want the admissions committee to know that you are not full of BS. Is it reasonable that company CEOs know you? After all, how big are these firms? If they know you, then that is cool. But did you, as an intern, really work with them that intimately? An admissions committee reader would doubt that. I would definitely go with the professor, because it is very believable that he would know you and your contributions. However, make sure he does not really emphasize how smart you are. This emphasize any type of project or initiative that you help lead on his behalf. He needs to point out any management or leadership abilities that you demonstrated in doing this. The other recommendation -- of course -- I would get from one of your internships. Again, make sure that it is from your direct supervisor -- that is, someone that would actually know you and your work performance. Perhaps someone that provided you mentorship as well.
I hope all this helps and good luck with your journey. It seems that you are making the right moves up to get into a top program.
I am currently planning to apply to colleges with a 2+2 MBA(or similar) course,or a MSc Finance course.
I am quite sure about the MBA. I was considering the Finance courses in case i dont get into the 2+2 programs so that i can get a basic understanding in the field which will allow me to work in a relevant company before i apply for the MBA again.
1.I still want to know MBA wise, how good a chance do i stand(considering my college acads havent been top notch)
2. What other 2+2 or similar programs can i apply for?
3. I have had 9 months of work ex with internships, so can i take 2 recommendations from company execs or should i take one from a professor?
GMAT- 760(99%), Q(50), V(42), AWA- 6
Major: Electronics & Electrical Engineering
CGPA: 7/10( expected, i still have 1 semester left)
2.10th- 97% (CBSE)
4. NTSE scholar( 3000 students are selected across the nation,over 500,000 students participate)
Work Experience(only internships till now)
1. Worked for 6 weeks in the Corporate Finance division of a top(worldwide) consulting firm. Had a project analysing the development of a particular industry sector in India, and also did a Comparable Company Analysis project in the Hotel industry
2.Worked for 6 months in the I-Banking section of a leading Indian Bank. Project included studying the performance of IPOs in the past 5 years.
1. National Level Badminton player, represented my State(Maharashtra) at the National level twice, and also awarded National Level Sports Scholarship twice.
Have been vice-captain of the college badminton team and lead it to gold medal in the all india inter-collegiate sports meet, in BITS and a silver medal in IIT Roorkee
2. Core member of the committee incharge of organsiation of the various aspects of the cultural and technical festivals of the college - scheduling of events, prize money allocation, computing results and declaring winners. Was incharge of evaluating and judging events and also for scheduling of over 70 events.
Would like to do an MBA from a top school and then work in a consultancy or a bank(IB, MnA or Private Equity)
Am currently looking to apply to HBS,Stanford and Yale for their 2+2 or similar programs( Yale has immediate admission). on the Msc front, am looking to apply to MIT and LSE(UK).
Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | email@example.com | 877.866.9251
Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog
Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton