Joined: 25 Apr 2013
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE: Underwriter (Commercial Banking)
, given: 0
Profile Evaluation Requested [#permalink]
30 Jan 2014, 19:35
1) Basic demographic info: 27 (Will be 28 by program start date), Male, White - USA
2) Educational Background: Major - Banking and Finance (Appalachian State University), 3.16 GPA, GMAT: 710 - 92% Overall - 63%Q 96%V
3) Work experience: Commercial Lending and Underwriting - Lead a small team, but I do not have any official management responsibilities; I have been promoted twice within my organization, once in role, and once to a new level in my existing role; I work in middle market and small business lending for a Fortune 500 US based bank; I have worked for 5 years, all with the same organization. I started my career in their leadership training program immediately after completing undergrad.
4) Extracurriculars: In the past I have been involved with fundraising for the YMCA, and on an allocations committee for the United Way. Currently I am a board member of my local Red Cross chapter, and am a member of the RMA (Risk Management Association). I am also a frequent international traveler, golfer, and runner.
5) Short/Long term goals: My short term goal is to go into Management/Strategic Consulting. Long term I would like to learn the skills I learn to manage a non-profit helping in developing areas. I Would like to work on the east coast in the US, although working in Europe is a bucket list item for me.
6) Schools: I have already been accepted to UNC - Kenan-Flagler and Georgetown - McDonough. I would like to also apply to Cambridge - Judge, Oxford - Said, and London Business School.
Are Said, Judge, and LBS admissions similarly competitive to those at UNC and Georgetown? I'm trying to get a feel for my viability as a candidate at those schools.