Here is my background:
1. GMAT Score 680- Q49 V33
2. Always scored 75% or plus in graduation, 12th and 10th
3. 7 years of work experience in Investment Banking. Responsible for origination and execution of M&A deals. Currently leading team of 4 persons. I have team handling experience of 5 years. Have independently closed 2 deals and sourced more than 10 M&A deals for my department
4. Part of Leadership team at ICICI Bank, India
5. Indian Nationality.
6. Age 29 years
7. No extracirricular but have always excelled in job and got timely promotions
8. I can get strong recommendations from my boss and my clients
9. No exposure to community service but recently got associated with Grameen Foundation. Though yet to devote any personal time.
Goals post MBA:
- Private Equity
- strategy consulting
My top choice schools are: Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Insead, LBS.
I am worried that my gmat score is low in verbal and also overall score is below 700.
I share your concern about your GMAT
, especially given your stated goals. I also am concerned about your lack of community service
at these highly competitive schools. Finally, Harvard
seem to be preferring younger, less experienced applicants these days. While your age is not an issue at INSEAD
, those schools prefer applicants with international exposure and multi-cultural experience, which you may have but don't mention above.
Have you considered retaking the GMAT and focusing on the verbal?
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog