Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - ROSS Chances

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT Date: 04-30-2014
GPA: 3.24
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 104

GMAT ToolKit User
Profile Evaluation - ROSS Chances [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2014, 13:56
1) Brief description of full-time work experience. - Market Research Associate with 1 year of work (Background Engg) Wanted to get a head start in the marketing profile so started with this industry..Its a 5 year old startup..so no brand points either
2) GMAT- 760
3) College info: State University (India) , CGPA of 7.52, Civil Engg -2012
4) ECCA: Gaming (Strategic Multiplayer Team games)..have won several inter college or state level tournaments and online tournaments
5) Important certifications- None besides Courses in Data analytics and a few others on course era
6) Target program- Plan to apply for ROSS Michigan
7) Plan to apply- Fall 15 or 16
8) Your post-MBA goal- MR & Gaming media consulting...Preferably a combination of both

Is Ross a stretch?(Whats my best shot given that fall 16 is my deadline)
Can I ever have a profile good enough to be accepted at Ross ? (btw have joined up NGO's)
Where do I lag?

Thank You
J:L

Appreciate the efforts...KUDOS for all

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - ROSS Chances [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2014, 08:33
Expert's post
Hello,

I’m happy to say that I believe you are a qualified candidate for Ross! Your academics are solid (assuming a decent grad record), your GMAT is relatively high for Ross, and your career goals are focused and differentiate you. They also build on your interests.

Your work experience being non-big-brand is fine – you must however clarify the type of organization and the breadth of your role. And discuss your reasons for joining this firm that you mention – desire to get more experience faster. Of course, your being qualified implies that you have a strong work track record of impact and leadership. If this is not the case, it weakens your chances.

To make your application stand out, really show your enthusiasm for your target field, and clarify how you will be a contributor and bring something special to this field.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Advisor, Accepted
310-815-9553
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog