Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2015, 08:24
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

profile evaluation (Should I wait for an year?)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

profile evaluation (Should I wait for an year?) [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2011, 10:05
Hi,

I am targeting top 20 to 40 ranked schools(tepper, cornell, haas etc.). Can I take a shot at these schools for fall 2012 with my current profile or should I wait for another year and build on my profile and GMAT score(studied for gmat for only a month).

GMAT score 700(q49,v37)

Bachelor of Engineering from Panjab university, India.

CGPA : 2.6/4.0(2.9 during the last 2 years of engineering)

2 years technical work experience as an software engineer in an IT company(will complete 3 years by fall 2012)

Extra curriculars : Involved with an internationally affiliated NGO in community work for the past 2 years, have played at national level squash championships in India and won at state level.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

Re: profile evaluation (Should I wait for an year?) [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 04:42
Expert's post
I would recommend you go ahead and apply this year. While you have what would be looked upon as a "typical" profile for your applicant pool (IT, Indian, high GMAT, NGO experience, etc.), the fact that applications are down and more specifically, international applications at a record low as compared to recent years, you could still find a slot. Your profile is good, it's just that there are many applicants with a similar one. The advantage of fewer applicants could help. Pick four or five schools in your range and if you don't get in, you can always reapply to some and also choose a few new ones next year. In short, the risk of applying now is low.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews