Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Jul 2014, 15:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Terrible Transcript

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - Terrible Transcript [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2012, 21:04
Hi all,

My profile:

26 years old Turkish male
GMAT: 720
Undergrad: Industrial Engineering at a top Turkish university (with Merit scholarship during admission)
GPA: 2.4 (With 15 F's on transcript and performance is V-shaped. All the F's are in the 2nd and 3rd year. And of course there was a reason)
Work Experience: 2.5 years at a top management and IT consulting company. Got a promotion after the second year. 1 year at a relatively small management consulting company.

MBA Programs:
UIUC
Babson
Texas A&M
Hult
HEC Paris
INSEAD
CBS

Do not have much EC.

What are my chances for the universities above?
Actually apart from the universities above, I want to learn which tier of schools should I try?

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 30

Re: Profile Evaluation - Terrible Transcript [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2012, 13:31
The good thing about the GMAT is that it helps compensate for a lower than desired GPA. Your high GMAT shows that you are academically intelligent.

The only other way to get around a low GPA is to explain the situation on your application essays which you will need to do as well. I think that because you have numerous failing grades, this will be a crucial part of your application. Obviously you should try to explain them in a way that puts you in the best possible light, but it is important to be honest as well. You are going to have to convince admission boards that you have overcome whatever obstacle it was that was holding you back and that you have learned from that situation.

I don't know much about international schools, but I think that you are targeting appropriate U.S. schools (schools ranked anywhere between 20-40). Best of luck.

Give Kudos if my post was helpful!

Re: Profile Evaluation - Terrible Transcript   [#permalink] 07 Nov 2012, 13:31