Here is my profile:
Indian, Male, 29 yrs(will be 30+ when I start, if accepted!).
Engineer by profession, from a top state university in India(non IIT) and graduated with 80+%(top 10 of the class) but I am not attempting to convert to GPA as the procedure would differ from school to school. Not much extracurrics at Uni though I have some good extracurrics in school(way too dated I think). But just to emphasize my academic strenght, let me mention that I was the class topper in my high school( in class XII, as we call it in India).
GMAT: 700(48Q, 38V) --- >80 percentile in both.
My strenght is my work ex which is as follows:
I have 7.5 years of experience now and will have 9+ when I intend to start in 2010. I have grown organically in my company( no job switches so far) and became a Project Manager 2 years ago. I have strong leadership experience and am a Program Manager currently looking at a portfolio of projects and handling revenue to the tune of 6+ Million USD. I manage a 40 + member project team. Have strong numerical results to highlight in terms of revenue, PTI, client satisfaction index etc. Also, have Business development experience and working with other teams to develop proposals etc.
Also, I am a Top Talent in my Org( this is an executive grooming program) and am continuing in it for the last 2 years.
So, though my demographics are not my strong point( Indian, M, IT) but I hope my work ex gives me an edge since I have had continuous progress thoughout my short career.
I can get good recos I believe and write good essays I hope!
Not a very strong point in my app but I do have a few. I the US state lead for my state for practitioners from my company who come to my state. I have executed this role for the past 2 years and lead a team of around 15 in the state, corodinating get togethers, team building exercises, acting as a single point of contact, providing feedback on company policies etc.
Also, I have founded a couple of technical clubs in my company which I lead for a couple of years before moving on.
I am also a part of http://www.kiva.org
. Its a NGO committed to provide resources to entrepreneur in developing countries using microfinancing techniques. I am active member of this org and regularly help out folks in need.
My target is 1 year( I guess it makes sense with my demographics and exp....doesn't it?) course and since I want to work in Asia in general and India in particular post MBA, I am looking at the following schools:
Also, I want to be in IT post MBA, so, I want to advance my career in IT without any switch and may be add the strategy dimension to my profile.
Wharton MBA ( this is a kind dream school you might say....)
IIMA, 1 year
IIMC, 1 year
Specifically interested to know my chances
My questions to you specifically:
1. I am assuming that applying in 2009 with a 2008 GMAT should not be a problem. Please advice if otherwise.
2. How do u evaluate my chances for INSEAD and Wharton specifically....Any other schools I should look at that may have a 1 year course. I know wharton is 2 years but as I said its a dream school and I will make an exception if accepted....
3. How are my chances at Kellog/IMD/Hass?
4. Any particular weakness that I should focus and try to improve upon? I dont intend to give the GMAT again as a 20-30 point increase will not get me into any school that 700 wouldn't....whats your thought on this?
5. and I forgot to mention that during my undergrads, I had to skip a semester due to a medical reason which I completed soon afterwards. I believe I should make it clear to the adcom upfront rather than being asked about it?
Sorry for the long post and thanks for your time in providing some expert guidance.