Joined: 31 Mar 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
, given: 0
Profile evaluation! Thanks in advance [#permalink]
14 Sep 2013, 20:29
1. Profile: Indian/26/ Chemical Engineer from IIT Delhi/CFA Level 1
2. Work-ex: 4 years (as of today); work experience in Investment Banking at Deutsche Bank (2.5 yrs) and UBS (1.5 yrs) (in Mumbai). Worked on 5 deals with a total transaction value of over $2bn (M&A team covering Southeast Asia)
3. GMAT Score: 700 (50,33) [first attempt; please recommend if I need to reappear] ; AWA score awaited.
4. Academics: 7.32/10 CGPA. B.Tech IIT Delhi
5. International experience: 6 months in Singapore and HK
7. Entrepreneurial initiative: co-founded samwaad, a non-profit organization to bring together students and alumni of diverse engineering colleges across India; to provide them information regarding new scholarships, internships and give career guidance in general. Sort of a forum.
8. Extra Curriculars:
Community service -
A. Conducted talent search among 300 underprivileged children from NGOs, slums & remand homes; Organized a public show of their talent with Chief Minister of Bihar as the chief guest; publicised in leading print and electronic media, leading to financial aid to 3 children by the State
B. Associated with Super 30, a non-profit initiative to provide free tutions to poor students for IIT JEE, financially backed by a major corporate of India.
C. Teaching underprivileged children in part time at an NGO
D. Active member of National Service Scheme, under the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports Govt. of India
A. Led the school team to win in district-level tournament, awarded with best bowler trophy
B Won gold, bronze & silver medals in the inter-hostel championships in 2005, '06 & '07
C. Part of the Company cricket team; won first position in inter-company cricket tournament, held in 2010
A. Event Coordinator, Tryst 2008 - Headed 4 activity heads and 10 volunteers to organize MOD-SIM- The Modeling & Simulation Contest, achieved great success with four fold increase in participation
B. Internal publication Secretary in college
C. Activity Head, cultural festival, IIT Delhi: Led a team of 4 team-heads & 20 volunteers to manage accommodation of more than 1000 participants
D. Part of training committee in my company
10. Background: Born, brought up and studied in a village in Rural India (before graduation); first in my family to go to a college [will it make a difference in terms of making my profile look different?]
Target schools: NYU (Stern), Virginia (Darden), Yale, Cornell (Johnson), other finance heavy universities.
Post MBA: Want to continue in financial services (investment banking, private equity); corporate roles in M&A departments/corporate finance