Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GRE 1: Q790 V750
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: theoretical physics->consulting->MBA [#permalink]
Thank you so much for your insight. I'll definitely keep you updated.

H

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation: theoretical physics->consulting->MBA [#permalink]
I took the GMAT yesterday and scored a 750. 47 Q (73%) and 46 V (99%). I was very upset when I entered the testing center because of some work emails I was dealing with in the morning. Basically, I had to prove to the client that my team was doing its job and the team that was trying to blame us for quality issues was truly at fault for those issues. This anger turned to nervousness, but I did eventually end up with a decent score. The high verbal was expected, but the huge difference between quant and verbal wasn't. All I can say is that after years of training my brain to do rigorous mathematics, it was hard to throw away those old habits to do GMAT math. Hopefully, the adcoms will notice that I was doing graduate level math work for my last publication and not place much weight on this quant score.

As for my goals, I've refined them quite a bit. In the short-term, i.e. immediately after MBA, I aim to enter a biotech company working in pipeline & portfolio planning at the manager level. In the long-term, I want to move up in pipeline & portfolio planning so that I work on more high-level strategic issues, reaching the director level sometime between 5-10 years post-MBA.
Portfolio planning requires knowledge of basic research, clinical development, sales, and marketing. I have experience in all of these areas, with extensive experience in basic research, the area where most practitioners of portfolio planning fall short. Portfolio planning seems like a great area to build the skills I need to understand, manage and lead a biopharmaceutical company.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts