Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 13:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Top 5 Suitable US B-Schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - Top 5 Suitable US B-Schools [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 15:03
Hi,

I would like to have your inputs on the Top 5 US Business Schools, that would best fit my profile.

Academics:
Undegraduate 4-year bachelor in finance from HEC Montreal GPA 3.1
GMAT 1 - 650(Q44,V33)/ 5.0 AWA
GMAT 2 - tbd

Extracurriculum Activity:
Big Brother Big Sister since 2011

Work Experience:
~5-6 years at matriculation (planned: 2013 MBA intake) within a Fortune 500 engineering conglomerate
Joined the company as part of a Global Rotational Program in Financial Management
Worked on 3 assignments in 3 different countries, including Canada, Switzerland and Japan - ~ 1.5 years
Undertook a permanent business controlling position in Canada - ~ 2.0 years
Promoted and relocated to the US for a controlling position with increasing responsibility - almost 1 year now

Citizenship:
Canadian working in the US on a business visa

Post MBA endeavours:
Career boost, network and fast track to company CFO roles

Thanks in adance for your inputs,

Vince
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GRE 1: 336 Q169 V167
GPA: 3.22
WE: Information Technology (Manufacturing)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 249

Re: Profile Evaluation - Top 5 Suitable US B-Schools [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 06:03
I like your work experience a lot for what you want to do. There's a lot of schools in the US you can leverage to go back to corp fin. You'll need to put in some research to see what types of companies and geographies recruit from each school. Find out what the % placement in finance is, which is probably more telling at schools below the M7.

My best advice to you is retake the GMAT. Going from 3.1/650 to 3.1/720 would be a really nice push for you and give you a better chance at landing at a high quality school.

ME: PROFILE | CPA: BEC AUD FAR REG | CMA: ONE TWO

bitly bundles: mba rankings | mba programs

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation - Top 5 Suitable US B-Schools [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2012, 15:49
You definitely need to retake your GMAT and get 700+. A CFA Level-1 would help boost your chances if you’re considering a Finance career. How are your extra-curricular activities?
To choose the right schools, I suggest you visit a few schools to get a sense of fit for yourself. It really makes a difference. Harvard, Wharton, NYU, Columbia, Haas are great options.

UberEssays
Essay reviews by your dream Schools’ students
Re: Profile Evaluation - Top 5 Suitable US B-Schools   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2012, 15:49