Undergrad major: B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication (2007) first Class. Mumbai University.
GPA: 3.2 +
GMAT Score: 650 (first attempt), 710 (Q44, V42, AWA:6 (second attempt)).
1) Duration: 1year 2months
Profile: Worked in a multi national Software solutions firm as an analyst programmer for a fortune 500 company’s account. I was in charge of the team building activities, aimed at improving employee performance and productivity, for my team consisting of 20 members. Played a crucial role in executing a project which was the first of its kind in my company. It aimed at improving the efficiency of the offshore delivery model, and proved to be a success. Gave many presentations to the visiting client Vice Presidents explaining the various best practices followed at the offshore. I was responsible for optimization of one of the critical client processes. Before the end of my tenure I was made responsible for the training, and performance improvement of three junior team members.
2) Duration: 2 years (by Sep 2009)
Profile: I am currently involved in a Sales and Marketing venture. I started a company which is involved in sales and Marketing of Timeshare memberships and Insurance products. Current responsibilities are extensive, ranging from managing the Human and other resources to managing the finances of the business. Being a start up it denies me any pleasure of outsourcing and delegating. I have a team of 5 members and manage the entire process along with my business partner.
Before Under graduate:
1) Represented my district at State level Badminton tournament. Won many badminton tournaments at district level.
2) I was captain of my school and college badminton teams.
During Under graduation:
1) I was the youngest member of the students’ council of my college. Worked in the capacity of a Sports Secretary during my second year of graduation.
2) Went on to become the General Secretary of my college. Led the committee which organized the inaugural Inter Collegiate Sports fest. The same committee under my leadership went on to organize a highly appreciated Cultural College fest.
3) Worked as treasurer of the IEEE students chapter of my college. Played key role in planning and executing the hitherto most successful Inter collegiate Technical fest of the college.
4) In the same fest, led the sponsorship team, which pulled of a miraculous performance. Eventually translating to success of the fest.
5) Led the college team in various Inter collegiate Badminton tournaments. The team produced commendable results.
After Post Graduation:
1) Formed a professional group which strongly believes in and works along with various NGOs in bringing joy to those who deserve more than they have.
2) Involved with a nation wide education campaign.
Short term goal:
To develop a strong set of analytical tools in Marketing and Strategy and work with one of the giants in industry such as Mckinsey, Ernst and Young, Deloitte Consultancy.
Long term goal:
Use all the skills and experiences to build a global Consultancy Firm that would stand a testimony to the ethics and cultures I will have imbibed through my experiences in life.
Tuck, Emory, Kelly, NUS, Simon, Babson, Katz, Illinois- Urbana Champaign, Fisher, W P Carey, Tippie, TAMU.
Kindly give me your suggestions about my selection of colleges and my relative chances to the colleges in the above list.
You don't get what you deserve. You deserve what you get.