Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation : which colleges to apply

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation : which colleges to apply [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 07:01
Hi

My journey has been very long. In April 2011 I gave my first GMAT :

Score :640
Maths: 49
Verbal:27

In December 2011 I gave my second GMAT:

Score :690
Maths: 48
Verbal:38

I started filling applications for fall 2012. Though I had missed the first round of many good universities, I applied for second round in Duke, Texas (A&M) and first round in NUS. I was not selected in any.
Before applying for fall 2013 I again gave my new-GMAT in June.

Score :710
Maths:50
Verbal:35

Academics:

XII- 79.2
X-86.2
Bachelor in Technology : 3.9

Work Experience : IT and Consulting Company 3 years and by the time I will join college 4 years.
Performed the role of lead which shows my leadership qualities and which would be included in my recommendation.

Extracurricular:
Shiamak Davar Dance Academy , Painting , Foreign language(French). Held various fest and pro-grammes in college.Volunteer for social service pro-grammes. Started a small business initiative in crafts which is my hobby

This time I have ample time to write for applications. Please tell me which colleges I should apply .
I am looking for one year pro-gramme in general management. I am interested for colleges in India ,US,UK and Singapore.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation : which colleges to apply [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2012, 05:18
Expert's post
You now have some very good raw numbers to present to the committees, so I would say you should choose schools based on cultural fit, location and desired learning style. One-year programs are more forgiving of applicant stats, so you should emphasize what you bring to the table and willl offer your classmates. Another approach would be to reverse engineer a list of schools by deciding where you would most like to end up and working backwards to the schools where your target employers recruit for MBA grads. Hope this helps.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews