Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 20:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation-Which Schools to Target?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation-Which Schools to Target? [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 00:10
Hi
Well I am an Indian Student looking to do MFin in U.K or US(doesn't matter).I am currently studying in #6 college in my country,India.I am in my penultimate year and have a double major in humanities as well as finance. I have a current GPA of 7.6/10(don't know to convert it into a 4 point scale either).I gave GRE and scored 161 on Quant and 160 on Verbal.
Haven't given TOEFL yet,planning to give it in the coming month.
Other info:I have done 2 summer internships(total 8 months) in reputed international financial firm with an analyst intern role.
For extracurricular's i am involved in representing the school tennis team at a national level and I am also involved in working for a NGO that focuses on working for improving the status if backward classes(2 years)
Strong Skills and knowledge in SQL,C,C++ and Proficient working with MS office.

Interest:
I am interested in Corporate finance,Investment Banking ,Banking and Finance and related fields.

Which Schools should i target for?
Which Schools are realistic for me to target for,i will start applying 2 months from now
Can i get anywhere near to top 10 Mfin colleges of the world,if yes what are those?

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation-Which Schools to Target? [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2014, 01:32
That GRE converts to a 650 GMAT or so and your GPA is about mid-range. I would probably put Imperial, Warwick, LSE (on of their "easier" MSc's to get into) on your list. Maybe UC-London also. Apply to 5-6 schools as your profile is good, but doesn't particularly stand out. Hope this helps.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Profile Evaluation-Which Schools to Target? [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2014, 23:50
Can my application get selected in the US top 20 universities?
Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evaluation-Which Schools to Target? [#permalink] New post 22 Jun 2014, 10:01
Yeah, there are programs in the US that would be in your range. I'd like to see that GPA converted to to US standards as it would help me make a better assessment.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern

Profile Evaluation-Which Schools to Target? [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2014, 00:24
well recently my brother had applied to 5 schools in the US.He asked if there was a need to convert the GPA to a four pointer scale.They replied back saying that there was no need of doing it.Also i read it here:
how-to-convert-indian-gpa-percentage-to-us-4-pt-gpa-scale-124249.html
Profile Evaluation-Which Schools to Target?   [#permalink] 23 Jun 2014, 00:24