Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 16:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Will I be accepted for Broad

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Profile Evaluation - Will I be accepted for Broad [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 07:28
Hi,

Profile Details

Work Experience: I was hired by Infosys as Systems Engineer. In 3 years time I grew into a business role in Logistic Consulting. My work revolves around Requirement gathering, Solution design, Business analysis and implementation. Currently, I handle the responsibilities of Business impact analyst and Associate Consultant. Worked across multiple projects for Multi National clients such as APL Logistics, Tommy Hilfiger, Espirit -etc.
GMAT: 630 . Quants 48, Verbal 27
College Info: Vasavi College of Engineering, Osmania University,India, 75.3 %,Mechanical Engineering,2010- year of graduation.
Extra circulars:
1. Conceptualized and executed one of the largest collegiate events of the country.
2. Researched, designed and executed the concept of educating under-privileged kids in nearby Government schools. Handled schools for 3 months and saw successful results.
3. Took leadership and responsibility of one school for above mentioned community work.
4. Handled critical go-live phase of some projects.
5. Part of social clubs towards protection of Environment, increasing social awareness, Marathons to support poor kids-etc.
Target Programs: Since my undergrad is from mechanical Engineering and work ex is in Logistics consulting, I want to have an MBA, specialized at Supply Chain Management Consulting.
Post MBA goal: Wish to work for multi-national logistics clients in short term and gain expertise on latest market trends. In long term, dream to set up a logistic firm that delivers solutions to latest problems in the market. Wish to be recognized as a thought leader in Supply Chain Management arena.

Colleges

I have applied for Round 2/Round 3 for the following colleges and got rejects.
1. Kenan Flagler - UNC -- Rejected
2. Kelley - Indiana -- Rejected
3. Mays - Texas A&M -- Rejected
4. Mccombs - Univ of Texas -- Rejected
I submitted very honest and competitive essays(in my opinion). Nonethless, couldnt make it. I am waiting for Michigan state - Broad`s result.

Given my profile, kindly suggest me the colleges for which I shud be applying in case I apply for R1- 2013-14. Also suggest on improvements to make my rpofile more competitive.

Thanks in Advance for the reply. Greatly appreciated.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 43

Kudos [?]: 347 [0], given: 64

Re: Profile Evaluation - Will I be accepted for Broad [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 22:16
Expert's post
alwaysurkarthik wrote:
Hi,

Profile Details

Work Experience: I was hired by Infosys as Systems Engineer. In 3 years time I grew into a business role in Logistic Consulting. My work revolves around Requirement gathering, Solution design, Business analysis and implementation. Currently, I handle the responsibilities of Business impact analyst and Associate Consultant. Worked across multiple projects for Multi National clients such as APL Logistics, Tommy Hilfiger, Espirit -etc.
GMAT: 630 . Quants 48, Verbal 27
College Info: Vasavi College of Engineering, Osmania University,India, 75.3 %,Mechanical Engineering,2010- year of graduation.
Extra circulars:
1. Conceptualized and executed one of the largest collegiate events of the country.
2. Researched, designed and executed the concept of educating under-privileged kids in nearby Government schools. Handled schools for 3 months and saw successful results.
3. Took leadership and responsibility of one school for above mentioned community work.
4. Handled critical go-live phase of some projects.
5. Part of social clubs towards protection of Environment, increasing social awareness, Marathons to support poor kids-etc.
Target Programs: Since my undergrad is from mechanical Engineering and work ex is in Logistics consulting, I want to have an MBA, specialized at Supply Chain Management Consulting.
Post MBA goal: Wish to work for multi-national logistics clients in short term and gain expertise on latest market trends. In long term, dream to set up a logistic firm that delivers solutions to latest problems in the market. Wish to be recognized as a thought leader in Supply Chain Management arena.

Colleges

I have applied for Round 2/Round 3 for the following colleges and got rejects.
1. Kenan Flagler - UNC -- Rejected
2. Kelley - Indiana -- Rejected
3. Mays - Texas A&M -- Rejected
4. Mccombs - Univ of Texas -- Rejected
I submitted very honest and competitive essays(in my opinion). Nonethless, couldnt make it. I am waiting for Michigan state - Broad`s result.

Given my profile, kindly suggest me the colleges for which I shud be applying in case I apply for R1- 2013-14. Also suggest on improvements to make my rpofile more competitive.

Thanks in Advance for the reply. Greatly appreciated.

I think your verbal score is a major red flag and Broad, like the schools you applied to earlier, will have concerns about your ability to handle the language. If you want to improve your chances, retake the GMAT and focus on improving your verbal score.

You may also want to consider Purdue..

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog