Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 19:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation would be appreciated

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Profile evaluation would be appreciated [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2010, 09:32
Demographic Information: 28, Male, from Latvia

GMAT: 740 (Q49, V41), 97% percentile, Toefl: 118 (120)

GPA: 3.96, Valedictorian of the business school (top ranked student for 4 straight years). BA in International business administration from University in Baltics.

W/E : 3 years at a niche IB company. I was promoted 2 times and at the end of my tenure, reported directly to the CEO and had 12 subordinates. Then 3 years at M&A and IB at another, larger Invesment bank. Started as an Associate, got promoted to Asssociate Director. I was leading the M&A and IB deals and transactions with little supervision, successfully closing about 10 of them. About 6 months ago I stared my own business, focusing on M&A and IB services. In total, I have led or supervised more than 200 successful projects and transactions. Besides the classical IB and M&A activities, I have relevant hands-on consulting experience as I have worked on councils and supervisory boards of several companies.

Extracurriculars: A captain and manager of a local football club. Participate in business consultant association and Chamber of Commerce. Have some publications on regular basis in local business press.

Goals: to move from M&A/ IB to Private Equity. First get some hands-on international experience, then move back to start a fund in Baltics (where PE is currently infant)

Target schools: Wharton, Dartmouth, Virginia and I am yet to decide on the others

Besides profile evaluation (1), I would appreciate a hint on which of these schools are more likely to provide some sort of scholarships for my profile? (2) I would also very appreciate a suggestion regarding some other top schools that have good PE opportunities and have been renowned for their financial aid possibilities to international students? (3)

(4),(5). What do you think could be my strongest and weakest points that I should address in my applications?

Thank you!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile evaluation would be appreciated [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2010, 18:40
Expert's post
You have several components of your profile which appear to be attractive to a top school including the ones you mention. In fact, you could probably find yourself competitive at just about any school you choose. Difficult to comment on the scholarship question. My gut reaction is that your profile would probably command scholarship offers from several schools (keeping in mind it's common to be offered scholarship monies without a full ride necessarily). If you are looking for a full ride, you should do a little more homework on which schools you are targeting have some designated endowment funds for international applicants, or at least unrestricted scholarship monies which can be rewarded to anyone who merits them. Your strong points are obvious: Latvia is an underrepresented country in b-school, which provides diversity, your achievements in your career would be very valuable to your classmates when it comes to case studies, and your GMAT score is beyond reproach. It's the proverbial trifecta of impressive qualifications. Not even to mention the quality of each area is also there (top school, rapid promotions, awards, etc.) Make sure your essays are written in a humble, yet compelling way and you should have your pick of the litter. I'd also include Harvard in the mix. you are a little older than the average HBS applicant, but the international network and VC contacts worldwide would be a great way to start your career.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews