Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 03:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation - Young Prospective Applicant

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile Evaluation - Young Prospective Applicant [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 22:54

Indian born, US Citizen
Languages: EnglishConversational Spanish, Conversational Hindi/Urdu
GMAT: - (Planning to take in July/August)
MCAT: 30

Education
M.D. University of Arizona (Expected 2015)

B.I.S. Biology and Biochemistry, Arizona State University
GPA: 3.49

Work Experience
Part-Time
1. Various Research Positions (~2 years combined experience)
2. Small IT firm (~2 years) - Also designed software here
3. Freelance/ small time administrative jobs at school
4. Currently working on 2 Education/Mentoring related small businesses

Extra-Curriculars
President, PreMD (Founded a club to collect and disseminate information about Medical School Admissions)
President, Medmentors (Mentoring service which enabled fellow med students and faculty to mentor aspiring premeds)
Vice President, QuenchAZ (co-founded and help raise money in this small NPO to help prevent dehydration/death in the homeless and immigrant populations)
Member, Toastmasters

Community Involvement
Volunteer, OpenEMR
Volunteer, Obama Scholars Program
Volunteer, various hospitals/clinics

Publications
Secondary Author to publication in "Molecular Biology and Evolution" (focus on Bioinformatics and large scale analysis of data)

Why an M.B.A.?
I desire to go into consulting with interests in medical technology, management, and education. I want to lead the modernization effort of K12 classroom technology.

Target Schools
Wharton, HBS, Fuqua, Stanford, ect

I am considering taking a year or two off of my medical education to pursue my MBA in about 1.25 years. I was wondering what kinds of prospects I would have with the top schools. I am dedicated to doing well on the GMAT and recently scored 650 on a diagnostic test without any studying. I understand that I would be somewhat of an oddball applicant, but I am keeping my hopes up in respects to the fact that there is no such thing as a standard businessman, entrepreneur, or leader.

How would I go about creating a stronger application and what angle should I take to present myself appropriately to an admissions committee?

-Thank you

What you don't know CAN hurt you.

The goal is not to know one thing or another - the goal is to know as much as possible and to integrate it.

Always reach for the stars, the worst that can happen is that you end up on the moon.

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes