I'm pretty new to GMAT Club, but I came across this section and decided to give it a shot!Background, Education, and Awards
: White male, 23, US citizenUndergrad
: Top 3 Big Ten school. Majored in Biochemistry with a minor in Business.GPA
: 3.65 GPA; 6 times Dean's List; graduated early (3.5yrs) and with Distinction (Top 20%).Medical School
: >96th percentile on the MCAT. US MD program that does not have an MD/MBA program (I didn't get into a school that had one). Also part of the Honors in Research tract.GMAT (unofficial)
: 720 (Q50, V37*), IR 8, AWA (TBD)Scholarships
- 1 in undergrad, 4 in medical schoolWork experience, listed chronologically
1) Camp Counselor (3 months)
2) Student Researcher - Polymer Engineering (6 months)
2) University Orientation Leader (highly competitive position; 6 months)
3) Student Researcher - Pediatric Oncology (15 months)
MCAT Teacher (5 months)
5) Student Researcher - Cardiothoracic Surgery (3 months to present)Notable Extracurriculars
a) Fraternity (UG) - Philanthropy, Scholarship, and Executive Board
b) Executive Board (MD) - Class Treasurer
a) Business in Medicine Organization (MD) - President and Founder
b) Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization (UG) - Member
a) Surgery Interest Group (MD) - Vice President
b) American Medical Association (MD) - Member and Fundraising Chair
c) Community Clinic (MD) - Volunteer
d) Emergency Room (UG) - Volunteer
Now before I dive into my school list, please know that I HAVE to apply to 1-year MBA programs
. To earn the MBA I'll need to take a deferment between my 3rd and 4th years of medical school, and you're only allowed to take 1-year off. I cannot do the MBA after medical school, which would allow me to apply to all programs, because it would inhibit my acceptance into a residency program. Plus, the 1-year programs are cheaper, and I'm already looking at being ~$200k in debt from medical school alone...Schools (Applying Fall 2015)
1) Northwestern (best school; very close to me)
2) Notre Dame (wouldn't have to move TOO far)
5) Maybe USC, though they prefer older students...
6) Others? Not sure. (Babson, BU, Cambridge, Oxford)Questions
1) I'm a little bummed about my *Verbal score. I was always within the 42-45 range, and the downgrade to the 37 dropped me way down from my usual 760/770 score on GMATPrep. Is this something I should be concerned about? I really
don't think I will have time to retake the test, but I could maybe squeeze it in.
2) What do you think my chances are at the schools I listed, particularly Kellogg? Should I try for some of those other schools?
3) Is there anything else that I should focus on for improving my application before application season rolls around next year?
Thanks in advance!