Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 04:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evauation

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile Evauation [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 16:46
Hello, looking for an evaluation and a little advice. I got a 680 on the gmat (41 V Quant 42). A little pissed about the quant score considerably lower than I had been scoring (70 to 75% range). I would rather not take it again. I am wondering about my chances at all the top ten, some of top 15 also, schools. I have 3.92 GPA at a state school, my major is business economics. I have taken a fair amount of quantitative classes and aced all of them. Here is my resume :

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration May 2013
Major: Business Economics
GPA: 3.92
Relevant Coursework: Economics of Strategy, Managerial Accounting, Quantitative Financial Management, Marketing, Honors English, Intermediate Macro and Micro Economics

JP Morgan FADP Summer Internship Program
Intern
•Owned the General Ledger reconciliation process for Government and Agency bond products, working alongside with Product Controllers
•Tracked daily repo and repurchase trades and helped move trades off of balance sheet during month end process
•Rated 5/5 on End of Summer Evaluation and awarded Intern Excellence award for my work throughout the summer

Blackbaud Europe
Intern
•Worked on the Financial Control team for the London Office
•Conducted financial analytics and reporting as well as forecasting
•Worked alongside upper management on crucial financial documents

Score Consulting Internship
Intern
•Learned from mentors with years of experience from all over the
nation, including CFO's and other highly successful business people
•Evaluated business plan with both clients and mentor and developed actionable plans and solutions

•Intrafraternity Council- Athletics Chairman; 01/10- 12/10
• Mock Trial- Prosecution Captain; 09/09-05/10
•SOPHOS Sophomore Honorary Group- Member; 04/10-05/11
•Student Health and Recreation Fee Advisory Board- Head Chairman; 01/11-05/11

• Excellence Award Scholarship; 07/09- present
•Academic Year Academic Distinction; 05/10, 05/11
•Top Attorney in Mock Trial Round; 10/09
•Selected for Final Round of Business Math Competition; 10/10

•Proficient in Windows Office and Microsoft XP. Familiar with accounting platform SAP

•Studied at the University of Westminster in the Spring of 2012. Relevant Coursework: International Economics and Operations Management, also participated in an internship

I'd like to apply to NYU, Cornell, and Harvard as a reach. Wondering how my chances are and what I might be able to do to improve, I will be working for JP Morgan when I graduate. Thanks so much for your help!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 128 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evauation [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 10:17
Expert's post
You don't really have the credentials to warrant an "early" invitation to b-school (early = before you log 2-5 years of work experience). REally, out of your list only the HBS 2+2 program is designed for freshly minted undergrads, and you would need a considerably higher GMAT and perhaps more unusual achievements and a compelling reason for why now is the right time for you to go to school and not later like everyone else in order to get the attention of this very highly competitive program. Even though the 2+2 and similar programs such as Yale Silver Scholars target new grads, they still require you to break out with a couple years work experience before they will grant the degree. Better to log a couple of impactful years at the bank first and then go back to school--you will be better prepared and likely have an easier run at your target schools.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile Evauation [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 13:49
Hello, sorry my original post was a bit unclear. I was wondering how my profile looked assuming I would be applying in 2-3 years. I.E should I strongly consider retaking GMAT or will my quant grades be enough to qualm any of those concerns, further what types of things could I do in the next few years to make my application stick out. Thanks!