1) 8 years - 4yrs investment banking at bulge bracket (promoted to Assoc.), 2 years PE, 2 years HF - all on the investment side
2) 700 97% verbal 67% quant (taken once, 4 years ago)
3) Ivy league undergraduate. GPA 3.60 Grad. 2001.
4) Local leadership positions with environmental non-profit.
6) focus is really on INSEAD
7) corporate development/strategy at multinational company in western Europe.
My concerns are that I don't have international work exposure, only extensive int'l travel (just got back from 15 months of traveling aboard). And my age, I am currently 32.
Worth applying for September 2012 or Jan 2013? Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Your age is not an issue for INSEAD; they comfortably accept students up to the age of 35. But you MUST boost your Quant score to over the 75th percentile. Use your essays to share examples of how your extensive international travels have exposed you to diverse cultures, relationships, and styles to prove that you have the INSEAD mindset.
Jennifer Bloom, CPRW
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog