Thanks in advance! I'm in the midst of my first application season and am sending out my second app today. Any insight on the suitability of my selected schools and possible prospective chances would be greatly appreciated. Here's my lineup:
Fuqua: Already applied EA
UNC KF: R2
25 (26 at matriculation)
Caucasian - US
GMAT: 710 (Q40, V47, AWA 6). Can craft a strong argument based on undergrad and work/certifications experience that I can handle the quantitative rigors of an MBA program.
Undergrad: 3.46 BS Accounting, The College of New Jersey
Additional: Licensed CPA, Active
- Public Accounting (Big 4 - Audit, Tax) for 2.5 years (Up to 3 direct reports)
- With an eventual switch to general management in mind, moved to an accounting management position in a Fortune 50 company earlier this year (2 direct reports). Will have 15 months by matriculation.
- Leadership Development Program within the healthcare sector. Had a great internship at Johnson & Johnson, served for 1.5 years on the Schering-Plough/Merck audit teams. Will be looking to use my accounting base while expanding on my current narrow focus.
- Treasurer/Financial Officer for a church ($125K annual budget)
- Founded a competitive Club Cycling Team as undergrad
- Regular speaker for state accounting society. Maintained a blog documenting experiences with CPA exam that has now received 50,000+ hits.
- Partner, Big 4 firm - Higher level, but worked significantly with and maintain a close personal friendship with as well
- Senior Consultant, Big 4 firm - Immediate supervisor on my largest client, received numerous accolades under.