Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 12:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile: Indian, Female, IT, GMAT: 670, 6.5 yrs experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Profile: Indian, Female, IT, GMAT: 670, 6.5 yrs experience [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2012, 04:28
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile.

Nationality: Indian Female
GMAT: 670 (Quantitative: 49, Verbal: 33)

As I already took GMAT four times, I have decided not to take GMAT again.

Educational Background:
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science from Visveswaraiah Technological University, Karnataka, India. – First Class with Distinction

Professional Background: Experience: 6.5 years (as of August-2012)

1) 2006 To 2010: Associate Consultant at Oracle, India

I worked on Supply Chain Management to solve the purchasing problems of Oracle customer, Alcoa. I had extensive contacts with customers located in Asia, Australia and US.

2) 2011 To Current: IT Consultant at Shell Asset Management Company (a subsidiary of Shell Oil Company), The Netherlands

I provide software solutions and services to customers located in Asia and Europe.
I don’t have any budget responsibility and don’t have any direct reports.

Extra-Curricular Activities:

From 2011 To Current: Coordinator of Amnesty International Group in Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I coordinated fund raising in 2011 and 2012. I led many actions for women’s right in Saudi Arabia, Gays right in Turkey and Arms Trade Treaty. I coordinated Amnesty benefit concert in 2012.

Languages known: Tamil, English, Hindi, Kannada

International Exposure: Since 2011, I have been working in the Netherlands (20 months)

Reason for doing an MBA: Career Progress
After MBA, I like to work as Senior Consultant for an IT company such as Oracle or IBM located in Europe/Asia.

Area of interest: Technology/IT Consultancy

Target Schools: INSEAD, IMD, LBS, Oxford, Cambridge, HEC
I like to do my MBA in Europe. I already visited HEC, IE and RSM and am going to visit INSEAD, LBS and Oxford in September 2012.

My partner got into INSEAD and will be beginning his MBA in January-2013.

I request you to evaluate my profile and let me know the schools I have good chances at.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Amnesty
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile: Indian, Female, IT, GMAT: 670, 6.5 yrs experience [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2012, 07:21
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hello,

You've got great experience - both in the professional realm and in the community realm. Your GMAT score is slightly low for INSEAD, LBS but I think you still have a chance at those programs and should apply. You should be competitive at the other programs on your list.

The biggest question mark in your profile that I see is, "Why do you need an MBA to reach your career goal?" You are already an IT consultant and already have experience working at Oracle, one of your target companies. It would seem that you could transition to Senior IT consultant pretty easily without an MBA degree. It's going to be very important that your career narrative demonstrates that you really need an MBA to reach your career goal -- right now, I'm not sure you'll be able to prove that case. Consider making your career goal slightly more ambitious (but still realistic!).

Good luck!
Mili
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Profile: Indian, Female, IT, GMAT: 670, 6.5 yrs experience [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2012, 12:59
HI Mili,

Thanks a lot for the feedback. Would surely consider a realistic ambitious goal.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Profile: Indian, Female, IT, GMAT: 670, 6.5 yrs experience [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2012, 09:15
Expert's post
Sure!

Regards,
Mili

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
http://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter