Hi Sir/ Mam,
Need your review on my profile
Indian - Male - Age: 31
Current IT Business Analyst (for last 5 years) - Requirement Gathering , Domain / Process based solutions evaluation in Banking
Technology Analyst - ( 4 years from joinging) - Software Development
Total Exp: 9 years Company: top Indian It services
4.5 Years of Intl experience (US/SG)
College: Indian Institute of Technology , Varanasi
Major: Ceramic Engineering
Year of Graduation: 2004
Active member oNGO based for promotion of Indian Classical Music etc among youth)
Member of collee basketball team
EC Post COllege:
Worked with Spastic Childern as part of Corporate Initiative
Certifocations: CBAP-Certified Business Analyst Program
INSEAD 1 Yr
LBS 1 Yr
Plan to apply around start of 2014
Short Term (6 years)
Global Business Consulting
Long Term (6+)
Starting Niche Consultancy Firm in Banking Consultancy with a global presence
Purpose of MBA:
Switch / Progress to Business COnsultancy
Location: Outside India preferably US/Asia/Europe
Duration: 1 yr programs
1. How suited is my profile for Insead/ LBS ? (things I can change now ??)
2. Most of my role is a stand-alone with high to extremely high coordination activities
yet with no direct/official managerial experience. Is that a disadvantage or need to be presented differently ?
3. DO suggest other relevant schools specially for consulting / analytics etc.
Thanks so much in advance
Thanks for your post. To answer your questions:
1. You have a competitive profile for INSEAD and LBS, but should also consider other programs, like Oxford or Cambridge.
2. You need to present the significance of your responsibilities, whatever your title. You also need to focus on achievement and impact.
3. Check out the University of Maryland and NYU Stern for analytics. The relevant program may be an MS and not an MBA, but check.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog