Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 06:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile review - chances of getting into a top-tier B-school

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile review - chances of getting into a top-tier B-school [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 11:06
Hello

I have a 640 on the GMAT and am re-taking it in a week.I should probably post this after the exam but i couldn't wait. i just wanted to know my chances of getting into a top 30 B- school given my profile and assuming i get a 680-690 on the GMAT -

0. Indian origin
1. University rank holder and gold medalist in Bachelor of Engineering
2. 5 years experience in an IT company
3. Female
4. Project Leader heading a team of 11
5. Won several awards of recognition at work

It is a pretty humble profile considering the swarm of top notch applicant profiles i have seen but i was curious to know what everyone thought of my profile.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GPA: 3.93
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

Re: Profile review - chances of getting into a top-tier B-school [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 14:14
mayashrin wrote:
Hello

I have a 640 on the GMAT and am re-taking it in a week.I should probably post this after the exam but i couldn't wait. i just wanted to know my chances of getting into a top 30 B- school given my profile and assuming i get a 680-690 on the GMAT -

0. Indian origin
1. University rank holder and gold medalist in Bachelor of Engineering
2. 5 years experience in an IT company
3. Female
4. Project Leader heading a team of 11
5. Won several awards of recognition at work

It is a pretty humble profile considering the swarm of top notch applicant profiles i have seen but i was curious to know what everyone thought of my profile.

Hi Mayashrin,

Can I suggest that you re-post this in the ask admissions consultant section, you'll also get a better response if you include as much info as possible i.e. what did you do at the IT company.

For what it's worth (I am certainly no expert) I would have thought that you have a shot at some really great schools, the quality of the story you tell in your applications will make all the difference for you.

Good luck with the GMAT and welcome to the forum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 46

Re: Profile review - chances of getting into a top-tier B-school [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 14:36
Hey RHB, say hi to your first 'blog-follower'!! Keep posting!
Current Student
Affiliations: Tuck - Class of 2013
Schools: Tuck '13 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
GMAT 3: Q V
GPA: 3.93
WE: General Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 2

Re: Profile review - chances of getting into a top-tier B-school [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 15:44
piyatiwari wrote:
Hey RHB, say hi to your first 'blog-follower'!! Keep posting!

Hi!

Thanks for reading, I hope you find something useful/interesting and I'll try to keep up the posts.

Kind regards,

RHB

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile review - chances of getting into a top-tier B-school [#permalink] New post 08 Aug 2011, 06:45
Great, thanks for the tip! I will re-post this there. Oh and i re-took the GMAT and scored a 700 :)
Re: Profile review - chances of getting into a top-tier B-school   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2011, 06:45