Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile review HBS 2+2

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT Date: 09-20-2013
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Profile review HBS 2+2 [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 07:03
Hi all,

Couldn't get many informations on 2+2 profile reviews that might help me.
I saw that HBS has recently opened the 2+2 to Master's programs graduates.

Profile :
Male, 21 yo (22 by the time I graduate with a 2-years Master's)
French - Caucasian (I think it's important to HBS)

Undergrad:
Political Science Major in top 1 French School for PoliSci (probably considered top 5 European). GPA equivalent ~3.7

1 year exchange program at target (or semi-target ?) American college, average GPA 3.76

Grad:
2 years master's in International Security, double minor in Energy and Russia/CIS. GPA equivalent 3.7

Internships:
1 month research assistant in a center for international studies

5 months part-time internship at a corporate Foundation doing research and monitoring on international politics/defense

6 months full-time in the leading European aerospace/defense company working on strategy (mostly trends & intelligence analyst job)

I will be trying to get another 6 months part-time internship in a strategy consultancy firm that specializes in the aeronspace/defense industry (they told me to contact them in November)

Extracurricular :

Playing a European sport (team handball) in official competition since I'm 10

As a grad student, group manager on a student project in direct link with the French defense industry (study + presentation of the findings, as group manager: organizations of group meetings, coordination of student works, supervision of interviews)

I'm trying to get a leadership position at my school's student-managed international relations review for this year

GMAT soon to be taken, currently scoring 740ish on practice tests

Languages : French, English, Russian

Recommendations: Teacher that got me interested in the defense industry business, whom I interviewed as part of my student project, with whom I was in contact while interning at the defense firm in order to arrange meetings and cooperation between my firm and the French Ministry of Defense around a specific issue.

Direct supervisor at my internship, VP at Global 500 firm

Career goal/justification for the 2+2 : really into international relations and defense, got into the industrial side while in grad school (student project + courses + internships). Want to make the bridge to the sector to work on the business side of strategy.

Any idea of my chances of getting accepted ?

Thanks !
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes