Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Jul 2014, 14:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

profile review please

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

profile review please [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 07:19
Hello friends,
I have scored 670 in my GMAT and 110 in TOEFL. Can you ppl suggest me some decent colleges in US and UK for fall 2009. Colleges in which I can stand a chance.

Thx
Saturnic

EXPERIENCE

At Present:

Working as Assit.Manager (Accountant and Finance) at manufacturing firm Shoe Fashions, Agra, since 2006 to 2008
• Job includes monitoring and managing financial transactions, P&L management.
• Cost management and taxation matters.

New Age Infosys: Proprietor and CEO: From 2003 to 2005
• Led 12 men team in the field of the marketing of communication and security equipments.

As an Audit Clerk at G.Chaturvedi & Co., chartered Accountants, Agra: From 1998 to 2002

Jobs involved:
• Annual audit of Allahabad Bank, Central Bank
• Statutory audit of Allahabad Bank
• Tax audits Of various firms
• Dealing in Sales Tax matters

Did 3 years training as article clerk with G. Chaturvedi & Co. Chartered Accountants, 22/25 Sanjay Place, Agra, as per rules of The Institute of chartered accountants of India.

EDUCATION

• B. Com. from Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra in 1999.
• Group 1 of PE2 examination conducted by The Institute of chartered accountants of India.
• Have a sound knowledge of Accounting standards and SAP issued by The Institute of chartered accountants of India.
• Have a working knowledge of Sales tax, Income tax.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Have won several online creative writing contests.
• Represented College teams Cricket.
• Participated District chess championship
• Worked for an NGO for orphans
• Other interests include traveling and reading book, listening and knowing people from different societies and cultures.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 685 [0], given: 548

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: profile review please [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 07:25
What are your goals after MBA? That's very important in selecting target schools.

Your international experience is a plus at first look. Depending on your goal, school list will change. But Duke and Georgetown are realistic goals based on your limited profile above.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: profile review please [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 22:28
ninkorn wrote:
What are your goals after MBA? That's very important in selecting target schools.

Your international experience is a plus at first look. Depending on your goal, school list will change. But Duke and Georgetown are realistic goals based on your limited profile above.

I dont have international experience and my goal is to have my own fortune 500 company.
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth, Class of 2011
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: profile review please [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2008, 10:18
Having your own fortune 500 is a nice goal, but I think you'll have a tough time selling that story. Start with more realistic goals, including more near term needs and you'll be better off. Moreover, you need to be able to explain how the international exposure is critical to your endeavors...chances are you could have a fortune 500 that deals exclusively in a single country (the US), so you really need to refine the story and provide them with your complete vision other than "I'm going to start one of the largest companies in the world". Moreover, it sounds like you're shooting for entrepreneurship, as opposed to international experience, but perhaps I'm mistaken, or misinterpeted your post. Good luck.
Re: profile review please   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2008, 10:18