Joined: 14 Dec 2010
, given: 0
Profile review please, is there place for young entrepreneur [#permalink]
14 Dec 2010, 10:55
Here's a quick snapshot of my profile:
• 25 years Male from Denmark, multi-racial, multilingual (English, Danish, Thai, Farsi and continuing studying Japanese), Have lived in Europe, Asian, Middle east, North America
• *BSc International Business (Top ranked Business undergrad at Copenhagen Business School, requires Highest GPA in the country to get admitted.
- Undergrad Exchange Semester: Japan (first from Int. Business program student to go to Japan.)
*Chicago Booth Summer Business Scholars Program - Pre MBA program selected out of 500 apps. to be one of the 40. to take part.
*High-School: Did the International Baccalaureate (IB)
• GMAT (blank) … going to take soon ( right now scoring low on my practice test around 550) plus have never in my life take a standardized test before.
• work exp: Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial projects, leadership/Manager roles, Construction Project coordinator, project ownership, Sub-Teacher (Middle & High-school),
o 4yr Manager and owner of a business/ entrepreneur
o 1yr Construction Project coordinator/ entrepreneur
o 0.5yr Café/lounge entrepreneur project
Social Entrepreneurship - Nonprofit project:
- 1.5 yr founded an After school Mentor program for inner city kids to help the local community
- Teens who need help and have problems - get them back to believing in themselves and coordinated fundraisers for the school and public speaker
• Recommendation letters from (All whom I know will speak very well about me): The principle of the school I started the After mentor program, and Clients and business partners
• EC: leadership, service, activities
o 1yr couch Basket Ball teams (primary focus on team building drills)
o Soccer, Golf, Basket ball, Martial Arts (over 10 years).
• Round 2 application for all schools
• Schools desired to apply for:
o Harvard, Stanford, Chicago Booth, Wharton, MIT, Columbia, Northwestern, Yale SOM, cornell Johnson, Tuck, Duke and NYU
What do you think my chances are at these schools? I was thinking of applying in round 2 but the issue is whether i can get a decent Gmat score (640+) and right now I just dont see that happening because of the practice scores. I have always worked fulltime even when I was doing my Undergrad, so I have been busy all the time and even now when studying for the gmat. I will be taking the gmat pretty soon and my thought is if I dont get at least a 550 I will forget about applying at all this year. This is because everyone says the 3rd round is a no go and I might need time to practice it more. Do I even stand a fight chance against the iBankers and consultants from top firms who I apply to these schools...
But then a friend told me that I should apply anyway even with a low score and explain in my essays because my story is different.
I would really grateful for an constructive feedback and opinions.