Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 13:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile review please, is there place for young entrepreneur

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Profile review please, is there place for young entrepreneur [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 09:55
Here's a quick snapshot of my profile:

• 25 years Male from Denmark, multi-racial, multilingual (English, Danish, Thai, Farsi and continuing studying Japanese), Have lived in Europe, Asian, Middle east, North America
• *BSc International Business (Top ranked Business undergrad at Copenhagen Business School, requires Highest GPA in the country to get admitted.
- Undergrad Exchange Semester: Japan (first from Int. Business program student to go to Japan.)
*Chicago Booth Summer Business Scholars Program - Pre MBA program selected out of 500 apps. to be one of the 40. to take part.
*High-School: Did the International Baccalaureate (IB)

• GMAT (blank) … going to take soon ( right now scoring low on my practice test around 550) plus have never in my life take a standardized test before.

• work exp: Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial projects, leadership/Manager roles, Construction Project coordinator, project ownership, Sub-Teacher (Middle & High-school),
o 4yr Manager and owner of a business/ entrepreneur
o 1yr Construction Project coordinator/ entrepreneur
o 0.5yr Café/lounge entrepreneur project

Social Entrepreneurship - Nonprofit project:
- 1.5 yr founded an After school Mentor program for inner city kids to help the local community
- Teens who need help and have problems - get them back to believing in themselves and coordinated fundraisers for the school and public speaker

• Recommendation letters from (All whom I know will speak very well about me): The principle of the school I started the After mentor program, and Clients and business partners

EC: leadership, service, activities
o 1yr couch Basket Ball teams (primary focus on team building drills)
o Soccer, Golf, Basket ball, Martial Arts (over 10 years).

• Round 2 application for all schools
• Schools desired to apply for:
o Harvard, Stanford, Chicago Booth, Wharton, MIT, Columbia, Northwestern, Yale SOM, cornell Johnson, Tuck, Duke and NYU

What do you think my chances are at these schools? I was thinking of applying in round 2 but the issue is whether i can get a decent Gmat score (640+) and right now I just dont see that happening because of the practice scores. I have always worked fulltime even when I was doing my Undergrad, so I have been busy all the time and even now when studying for the gmat. I will be taking the gmat pretty soon and my thought is if I dont get at least a 550 I will forget about applying at all this year. This is because everyone says the 3rd round is a no go and I might need time to practice it more. Do I even stand a fight chance against the iBankers and consultants from top firms who I apply to these schools...
But then a friend told me that I should apply anyway even with a low score and explain in my essays because my story is different.
I would really grateful for an constructive feedback and opinions.

Thank You!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Profile review please, is there place for young entrepreneur   [#permalink] 14 Dec 2010, 09:55