Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
WE: General Management (Education)
, given: 0
Profile review pls: M 27 / Indian / BA Maths / Entrepreneur [#permalink]
17 Jun 2012, 11:34
I plan to apply to B-Schools for the Fall 2013 intake. I plan to take my GMAT in August this year. If you could please look at my profile and help me out with some of my doubts!
Age: 27, Male
Resident in the UK
2) Educational Background:
Doon School, Dehrarun (ISC, BFS 94%)
BA Hons in Mathematics from St Stephen's College, Delhi University (average score of all 3 years: 77%)
3) Work experience:
2006 - 2007: Reckitt Benckiser CHQ (Slough, UK): Information Systems Grad Business Analyst
Apparently the first international placement from Delhi University (that what TOI said - I'm not sure if its accurate!)
Nov 2007 - quit to start my company (with own savings) - deals with Education & Recruitment Consulting
(Overseas admission to UK, University collaborations, and jobs placements in UK)
Operated from London and opened main office in Delhi. Other branch offices in Kanpur & Amritsar.
(company still running - though not focusing on this business too much these days as busy with another venture)
Oct 2009 - bought an English language training school in the UK (again with funds earned from Company 1)
School in UK teaches students from over 50 nationalities.
Expanded business and now have opened a branch of the school in Kazakhstan. Currently busy (very!) trying to expand in Kz and streamlining business in this very tough yet massive market to operate in. Secured contracts with some of the biggest schools in Almaty.
Developing an online IELTS training course. Hopefully should be able to launch in a months time.
Most ECA were during school / college time:
Sports: Was school/college team for football, athletics, college chess captain, Dehradun districts gold in Discuss throw (if don't know if any of this counts!)
Not been playing sports recently!
Duke of Edinburgh Gold
5) Short/Long term goals:
Continue to build & grow companies.
Hope to continue to be a part of my existing company too. (have a business partner - who may have to work extra hard for sometime!)
Streamline my father's business as well. He is in the textile industry (in Varanasi)
6) Schools I'd like to go to in order of preference:
1: Harvard, Stanford, Insead, Haas, Kellogg, MIT
2: LBS, Chicago Booth, Judge, Tuck, Darden, Fuqua, Columbia, Wharton
3: IE, IESE, Said, IMD
Some additional information:
- I'm getting married this Nov. So would like to finish all applications before Nov. (my gf is also going to apply!)
- Work is terribly busy right now. Will hardly be able to take out a lot of time for GMAT, Essays
- Not a natural at exams like GMAT - took CAT in 2006 and didn't do great!
- Don't want a very academic / theoretical MBA, but something more practical and which would really help me in my business
- What are my chances to get into a good school and what's the minimum GMAT score that I need to get?
- Are chances to get in higher if I apply in round 1?
- Is my choice of schools OK if I want a general MBA with focus on entrepreneurship?
- Whom do I get my recos from as don't have a supervisor and clients are students?
- How long do I need to study for my GMAT / write the essays? I am most scared about this as I think I won't be able to put in a lot of time in the preparation.
- Does the admission team ask for any proof of business like financial statements etc.?
Sorry for so many questions! Many thanks in advance.