Let's kick off with your questions:
- What are my chances to get into a good school and what's the minimum GMAT score that I need to get?
To get into Top programs like HBS, 720+ would be good. a 690 or higher COULD also work. and at some of the schools on your list, even a 650 or higher. But as you know, the higher the better. Whatever you do, since you are getting married soon, take it SOON so you can start on your applications NOW
- Are chances to get in higher if I apply in round 1?
Slightly. And higher chances of getting scholarships too.
- Is my choice of schools OK if I want a general MBA with focus on entrepreneurship?
Yes, your school choice is fine for entrepreneurship. Actually for everything, as you have simply posted more or less all the top schools on your list!
you could also consider Babson and NYU, I think.
- Whom do I get my recos from as don't have a supervisor and clients are students?
Good question! This depends on the range of possibilities. the idea is to NOT choose someone who owes you obligations (like an employee, so what employee would write a bad reco about their boss??) but it could be: partners, clients, or people from other activities (i.e. manager/leader in a community/volunteer experience)
- How long do I need to study for my GMAT / write the essays? I am most scared about this as I think I won't be able to put in a lot of time in the preparation.
there is no clear answer here. this will depend on you and how you study and what a good test-taker you are. You need to start NOW though. Writing applications is VERY time consuming. As is GMAT preparation. If you want to be done for R1, you are already a wee bit late. so hurry up!
- Does the admission team ask for any proof of business like financial statements etc.?
No. Never heard of this happen. they might check your references and recommenders etc. but they won't ask you for financial statements about your business.
Soooooo, my best advice to you: Get MOVING!!!! Time is a wasting!
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate!
Admissionado | The Team | Get a Free Consultation | 2013-2014 Essay Analyses
If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!