Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 03:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review Request

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 12

Profile Review Request [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 15:30
Hi Everyone,

I just wrote my GMAT and scored a 660(49,31) . I have good academic record and professional experience of 5 years. I also have been associated with an NGO for 4 years now. This was my 3rd attempt and don't think i can take the exam again.

I want to apply in top 10 schools in the US and i want to get an your opinion on it. I have decent track record during my academics + professional life. Do you think its worth putting into all the energy into an application with this score.

I work as a hardware engineer in reputed company.

Thanks,
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1147

Kudos [?]: 5332 [0], given: 165

Re: Profile Review Request [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 20:39
Expert's post
vdadwal wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I just wrote my GMAT and scored a 660(49,31) . I have good academic record and professional experience of 5 years. I also have been associated with an NGO for 4 years now. This was my 3rd attempt and don't think i can take the exam again.

I want to apply in top 10 schools in the US and i want to get an your opinion on it. I have decent track record during my academics + professional life. Do you think its worth putting into all the energy into an application with this score.

I work as a hardware engineer in reputed company.

Thanks,

It's not impossible or even improbable but your application needs to be really something. 660 is below their average (710 - 720). You need to put up excellent and absorbing stories (essays) and make a great impression in your interview to make them decide in your favor (which is true even if you have a very high GMAT score but it is more so in case your GMAT score is below their avg score). Put in a lot of hard work in your application.
The avg score in the top schools is around 710 - 720. They do take quite a few 760+ scorers. This means, they obviously take 650 scorers too. So you don't need to lose hope - just work hard.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 12

Re: Profile Review Request [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 21:44
Hi karishma,
Thanks for your inputs. Do you recommend taking the exam again ? Most of the online feedback i am getting is not on a positive side and to be honest it is demotivating .I am planning to apply in R2 this year and i will need some help from a consulting firm that specializes in admissions. Do you have some suggestions on some good consultants ?

Thanks,
Vikram
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1147

Kudos [?]: 5332 [0], given: 165

Re: Profile Review Request [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 22:02
Expert's post
vdadwal wrote:
Hi karishma,
Thanks for your inputs. Do you recommend taking the exam again ? Most of the online feedback i am getting is not on a positive side and to be honest it is demotivating .I am planning to apply in R2 this year and i will need some help from a consulting firm that specializes in admissions. Do you have some suggestions on some good consultants ?

Thanks,
Vikram

If you have already taken it three times and do not see how you will get a better score next time around, I don't see the point in re-taking. Instead, try to focus your energies on your essays.
Veritas has a huge MBA admissions consulting team (including a rep from every one of the top 25 schools) and it uses a team based approach. To read more, check out: http://www.veritasprep.com/business-sch ... -overview/

In India, you can get in touch with Whiteglow consulting, the Veritas India partner.
http://www.whiteglowconsulting.com/

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Profile Review Request   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2012, 22:02