Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
I was hoping to get my profile evaluated. I'm a little worried by the fact that I fall in probably the demographic with the largest representation in B-school
- Male, 28, Indian
- GMAT: 780 (Q51,V47). AWA (4.5)
- Undergrad from India - First class with distinction. Secretary of department society. Interfaced with staff and Industry to arrange industry visits and Technical Symposia. - MS from Top California state school, GPA 3.6. Teaching experience with commendation.
- Worked 2 years in Process engg. in lighting industry in the San Francisco Bay area. Obtained my six sigma green belt. - 2 years in Semiconductors in LA area. Project management and technical responsibilities. Promoted after first year. - Currently managing operations at a food manufacturing unit in India. Immediate productivity impacts. Obtained international food safety certification in 2 months of taking over. Since the factory is in a remote village have worked to improve living conditions of workers through added benefits etc..
- Extracurriculars: Avid Snowboarder. Aspiring part-time screenwriter (attended courses) and was one of 250 (out of 1500) selected to workshop conducted by a respected filmmaker. I've submitted a short film to the committee and hope it will get picked to be made.
- Post MBA Long Term: Strategy/Management in consumer goods/media. - Post MBA Short term: Mgt Cons. (Preferred city Chicago, Boston, NY or India)
- Considering HBS, Kellogg, Booth and Stern in R1.
Am I being naively optimistic? Should I pursue avenues to differentiate myself from the applicant pool more?
You seem like a solid all around candidate, but still middle-of-the-road for the most part compared to other b-school applicants (Indian or not). Kellogg, Booth and Stern are possibilities, but HBS is a long shot for you.
Re: Profile Review Request [#permalink]
03 Aug 2009, 12:29
I was afraid that HBS was a bit of a tall order, but was hoping that I could pull it off. Thanks for the input Alex!
Is there something I can do at this point to bolster my application or is it too late?
Focus on doing the best you can on the written applications. There's no glass slipper that will magically transform you into someone else in 2 months. Real change takes years, not months.