I am in the process of compiling the list of universities I want to apply to. Please take a look and suggest modifications.
26 yr old Indian male.
Undergrad BE india - 2007 - 83% (confirmed)
Grad School in US(top 5) - 2008 - 3.6 to 3.8 GPA (waiting for transcript from univ)
GMAT - 730 (Q50, v 39, awa,ir - waiting)
WorkEx(as of Oct 2012) -
3 yrs and 8 months for a leading enterprise software firm at San Francisco
2 promotions in 3 years.
14+ patents filed as engineer.
2 major product enhancements as product manager
Thanks a lot.
I think you have a decent shot at the schools you mention. The patents are impressive and you have good numbers. what are your goals? Anything else to differentiate yourself from the large Indian IT male applicant pool?
also, are you looking for something in particular from a school? Some of the schools on your list are very different from each other in terms of culture, geography and strengths.
Thanks a lot for the reply.
1. Share the lessons from 4+ yrs of experience in corp. america, reflect on the decisions that we had made as a team and draw lessons.
2. Enhance my analytical/communication skills. Counting on the rigorousness of the program, diversity of the class and the team/case based approach.
3. Widen my horizon - classmate, coursework, international course opportunities.
1. working for a company that is a pioneer in the field of cloud computing for enterprise software
2. expecting good recommendations from senior directors/svp both in engineering/product management
1. Focus on general management, leadership and strategy.
2. close to a major city
3. have spent over 4 years on the west coast in the silicon valley....so looking for a east coast school(stanford being an exception)
Also what are the key points that I should focus on my essays. Something that would make my profile stand out.