Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 00:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Provide name for books for Quant practice aiming Q48-Q50

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 580 Q48 V21
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 25

Provide name for books for Quant practice aiming Q48-Q50 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 06:01
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,
I have completed 5 MGMAT books+ MGMAT Foundation.Moreover, I completed OG13 and OG supplement(2nd Edition) with an accuracy of 89% but still I am unable to solve GMAT club timer question in 2 minutes.I am aiming for 48-50 score. Would anyone please let me know some good books for quant for practice which provide me realistic idea of my performance.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1152

Kudos [?]: 5354 [0], given: 165

Re: Provide name for books for Quant practice aiming Q48-Q50 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 21:36
Expert's post
vikrantgulia wrote:
Hi,
I have completed 5 MGMAT books+ MGMAT Foundation.Moreover, I completed OG13 and OG supplement(2nd Edition) with an accuracy of 89% but still I am unable to solve GMAT club timer question in 2 minutes.I am aiming for 48-50 score. Would anyone please let me know some good books for quant for practice which provide me realistic idea of my performance.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks

You need to take a GMAT practice test to find out your current score. You can take the free Veritas practice test here: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gm ... tice-test/
It will give you an idea of where you stand right now and how much you need to improve and also the areas in which you need improvement. Thereafter, specific books can help you.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager

Re: Provide name for books for Quant practice aiming Q48-Q50 [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 04:33
Hi Karishma,

I forgot to mention my Quant tests score. Following are the scores for better evaluation:

Princeton review: I feel question are quite easy when compared to Manhattan and GMAT Economist and score are not changing even I am able to correct 31 out of 37 question.
TEST 1. Q46
TEST 2. Q46
TEST 3. Q46

THE GMAT(ECONOMIST) : Given two days back
FREE TEST: Q47

Manhattan : Given at starting of my preparation around a 1.5 month back.
Free test : 44

Please suggest an approach to achieve a score of Q49 -Q51.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1152

Kudos [?]: 5354 [0], given: 165

Re: Provide name for books for Quant practice aiming Q48-Q50 [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 04:56
Expert's post
vikrantgulia wrote:
Hi Karishma,

I forgot to mention my Quant tests score. Following are the scores for better evaluation:

Princeton review: I feel question are quite easy when compared to Manhattan and GMAT Economist and score are not changing even I am able to correct 31 out of 37 question.
TEST 1. Q46
TEST 2. Q46
TEST 3. Q46

THE GMAT(ECONOMIST) : Given two days back
FREE TEST: Q47

Manhattan : Given at starting of my preparation around a 1.5 month back.
Free test : 44

Please suggest an approach to achieve a score of Q49 -Q51.

I would like to know your score in either the free official prep test from mba.com or the free Veritas prep test (since I know that our scores are quite accurate). Also, if I assume that your score is around 46 currently (taking a cue from the scores you have given), it means your basics are all in place. You are probably not doing well in the advanced applications i.e. 700+ level questions. Again, the problem may not be in every area so you need to find out the topics you trip most in (number properties/algebra/geometry/statistics/sets...) You have taken enough tests to be able to analyze the data with some certainty. Once you identify the areas you have issues in you must go through more advanced concepts on that topic (such as those discussed on my blog) and you must practice lots of 700+ level questions. Many of them require you to be innovative to be able to complete them in within two minutes. Practice will help stimulate creative thinking.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager

Re: Provide name for books for Quant practice aiming Q48-Q50 [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2013, 10:40
HI Karishma,
I have given a GMAT Prep test today and score 530(Q47 ,V17 , IR 4). I am not getting how to approach for 49-51 club in quantitative and what practice material should follow? Moreover, if you can guide me which books to follow to improve my verbal score I shall be highly obliged to you.For IR I hope i need to avoid silly mistakes which cost me 3 incorrect question.
Re: Provide name for books for Quant practice aiming Q48-Q50   [#permalink] 19 Nov 2013, 10:40