Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 02:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PS: simple equation

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 1614
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

PS: simple equation [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2004, 00:01
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
||Z|–2|=1
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 1614
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2004, 01:26
do you have a solution or guess them?
remember that modul equtions sometimes have more roots than they seem to have, other times less.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 28
Location: Reality
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2004, 03:52
stolyar wrote:
do you have a solution or guess them?
remember that modul equtions sometimes have more roots than they seem to have, other times less.


Do you mean by this that there are more or less than 4 roots or you are just trying to encourage us to solve instead of guessing. :wink:
_________________

adnis

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 03 Feb 2003
Posts: 1614
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2004, 03:55
adnis wrote:
stolyar wrote:
do you have a solution or guess them?
remember that modul equtions sometimes have more roots than they seem to have, other times less.


Do you mean by this that there are more or less than 4 roots or you are just trying to encourage us to solve instead of guessing. :wink:


Your answers are correct; however, guessing can be dangerous while dealing with absolute values.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2003
Posts: 28
Location: Reality
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 02 Jul 2004, 04:03
stolyar wrote:
adnis wrote:
stolyar wrote:
do you have a solution or guess them?
remember that modul equtions sometimes have more roots than they seem to have, other times less.


Do you mean by this that there are more or less than 4 roots or you are just trying to encourage us to solve instead of guessing. :wink:


Your answers are correct; however, guessing can be dangerous while dealing with absolute values.


I actually solved it, though i solve in mind and than get an answer.
_________________

adnis

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 1816
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2006, 01:04
||Z|–2|= 1

We obtain 2 equations:
> |Z|–2 = 1
or
> -(|Z|–2)= 1

Thus,
> |Z| = 3
or
> |Z| = 1

Finally, we obtain the 4 solutions for z : {-3, -1, 1, 3}
  [#permalink] 29 Dec 2006, 01:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Simple PS agdimple333 1 29 May 2011, 13:16
Simple PS dishant007 1 09 Aug 2008, 17:44
A simple PS.. wizardofwashington 2 28 Jul 2008, 14:39
simple PS asaf 6 05 Aug 2007, 08:33
simple equations - solve yasmeen 0 21 Jun 2006, 16:29
Display posts from previous: Sort by

PS: simple equation

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.