Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 08:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

PTE - Received a perfect score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
3 KUDOS received
Retired Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 149 [3] , given: 27

GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
PTE - Received a perfect score [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2011, 04:00
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

I hadn't seen a PTE post here before I took my test so thought I'll put in my perspectives. I took the test on 3rd Sep in Delhi. I am an Indian applicant, born and brought up here and working in Delhi itself.

I didn't study at all for the test - like I didn't even look at the practice content. The first time I saw how the test looks like was at the test center - I know not a good thing, but I am kind of getting sick of taking so many tests! Anyways, I had taken the TOEFL (got 113) in 2009 and as my scores expired + dates weren't available in a center nearby until November, I chose to take the PTE.

With the PTE, test dates are easily available + I got my score report in 1 day - Yes 1 day. Also, score reporting is free to as many schools as you want. so its a bargain compared to TOEFL.

The test itself was pretty standard for anyone who's taken an English test. speaking, reading and writing. What I liked a lot was the novel approach - eg: a lot of speaking was involved, more than TOEFL and the filling the blanks with drop down options OR finishing a spoken sentence by choosing an appropriate word - very nice ways of asking questions. I messed up a bit in my writing - I believe on the essay question I was editing and the time ran out. hence a couple of my sentences were COMPLETELY random and wouldn't have made any sense in any language. Rest everything was smooth. I didn't take the optional break and everything was over in 2 hours

The next day I got my report. As I hadn't acquainted myself with the test AT ALL, first I went and saw what the scoring scale looked like :) the maximum in each section is 90 and overall maximum is also 90. I opened the report and saw a big red 90. I thought that must be the maximum mark and searched all over before noticing that that was actually my score. Got happy as I got the perfect score even though writing was 63 onyl all other sections were 90

All in all a good experience and would recommend everyone to take this. Its tougher than TOEFL, but both the tests on an absolute basis aren't tough. however, score processing time is almost nil and free reporting to any number of schools.

Cheers!

P.S. - Do not correlate this post to my score :) Wrote this in a major hurry.

http://unclearadmit.tumblr.com
Latest Blog Entry:
09-05-13 Its been too long ... Updates & the Tuck Loan

Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 56

Kudos [?]: 477 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: PTE - Received a perfect score [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2011, 22:14
Great post and thanks a lot for sharing your experience! I will think to go through the PTE! :)

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: PTE - Received a perfect score   [#permalink] 08 Sep 2011, 22:14