Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 23:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GPA: 3.1
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2012, 19:12
josh84 wrote:
My Indian friends,
I received an email asking for Original transcript and degree certificate. I have my Original transcript with me, but as you know, I have got only one degree certificate!!!? So what do we need to do for this case!!?

Also another doubt is I studied in a Bangalore college which is affiliated to VTU-Belgaum university. When Purdue asks for official seal, are we supposed to get it done from the college or from the university!!?

Thanks in advance friends!!!!

Hi Josh84,

It is a bit strange to ask for Original Degree certificate before actual admission confirmation.
I think their intention is to send a photo copy of Degree certificate.Please clarify this point once again with the adcom.

Official seal usually comes from University only.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 3.7
WE: Operations (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 08:40
taknevmar wrote:
josh84 wrote:
My Indian friends,
I received an email asking for Original transcript and degree certificate. I have my Original transcript with me, but as you know, I have got only one degree certificate!!!? So what do we need to do for this case!!?

Also another doubt is I studied in a Bangalore college which is affiliated to VTU-Belgaum university. When Purdue asks for official seal, are we supposed to get it done from the college or from the university!!?

Hi Josh84,

It is a bit strange to ask for Original Degree certificate before actual admission confirmation.
I think their intention is to send a photo copy of Degree certificate.Please clarify this point once again with the adcom.

I guess they are asking for official transcripts and not original transcripts. Both have different meaning. Please correct me if I am wrong here. meanwhile, mail them and ask if a scanned copy would suffice for initial admissions review. Its a admission requirement that you have to send 2 sets of official transcripts including degree certificate duly signed and sealed. They would accept a college registrar seal also.
Intern
Intern
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2012, 13:18
manisjce wrote:
taknevmar wrote:
josh84 wrote:
My Indian friends,

Hi Josh84,

I guess they are asking for official transcripts and not original transcripts. Both have different meaning. Please correct me if I am wrong here. meanwhile, mail them and ask if a scanned copy would suffice for initial admissions review. Its a admission requirement that you have to send 2 sets of official transcripts including degree certificate duly signed and sealed. They would accept a college registrar seal also.

Thanks for your reply. I sent them the scanned copy of my documents.
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 06:32
SatishKunchakuri wrote:
manisjce wrote:
Satish,

Are you joining Krannert?

Not sure yet. Depends on the Financial aid.

Did you get any aid? Have you decided on enrollment?
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 06:33
taknevmar wrote:
josh84 wrote:
My Indian friends,

Hi Josh84,

takenwar,
Did you hear anything from them?
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 07:27
no.not yet...waiting...
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 23:00
taknevmar wrote:
no.not yet...waiting...

I guess we can expect something after March 20th.... Any idea about how many Indian students have been admitted (specifically Indian applicants :twisted: )
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 04:59
josh84 wrote:
taknevmar wrote:
no.not yet...waiting...

I guess we can expect something after March 20th.... Any idea about how many Indian students have been admitted (specifically Indian applicants :twisted: )

Until now 12 to 13 indian admits. in that 11 confirmed enrollments
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 06:05
manisjce wrote:
josh84 wrote:
taknevmar wrote:
no.not yet...waiting...

Until now 12 to 13 indian admits. in that 11 confirmed enrollments

whoa...I think it's something to worry about... :shock:
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 09:10
Quote:
whoa...I think it's something to worry about... :shock:

Yes its worrisome for prospective Indian students... But Asian students constitute 48% of the total class.... so, I guess they might offer admit to at least 7-9 Indian candidates.....
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2012, 08:32
I received an interview invite today!! Anyone else got an invite!?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2012, 09:20
Even I got an interview invite today.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Foster '15 (A)

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2012, 11:23
Got an interview invite today!
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 07:49
Invited to interview... :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2012, 23:07
anyone want to share the interview experience? I got an interview invitation today,. need advices and descriptions what will be asked..
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.35

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 20:41
evdo wrote:
anyone want to share the interview experience? I got an interview invitation today,. need advices and descriptions what will be asked..

Hi,

i was interviewed 3 weeks ago. My interview was with a current 2nd year student of human resource management. She was asking me general questions related to my work and why i chose Krannert. Besides the first 5 minutes, the remaining 25 minutes or so was all about what she was doing and how Krannert benefitted her. So i would say the interview was very casual.

Just prepare for the basic questions like why you want to study at Krannert and things like that.

All the best
Bharath
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 03:53
I just have had the interview, it was very short, 10-15 minutes, he looked in hurry, is that a negative sign?
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 20:51
Any news on interview outcome!!? and Purdue is ranked at 43 on the latest US news ranking....
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Mar 2012, 09:11
Hi,

Just had my interview with Brian...
Intern
Intern

Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2012, 22:37
Hi Josh,

Congo man.. :)
Re: Purdue Krannert 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Mar 2012, 22:37