Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 22:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 149

Kudos [?]: 488 [0], given: 527

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity? [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 11:44
Hi!

I am sure here can be a lot of former of current Pwc employees and people who somehow interacted or interacts with Pwc and their employees.

What do you think about Pwc's recent rebranding?
It is successfull or complelty absurd?

you may visti the web site: http://www.pwc.com/

Personally I believe that new brands lacks solidity (what??!!! pink and rose colours?! really?!) and is looking very childish. :lol:

Please share your thoughts and ideas.

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth
WE 1: Analyst: Big Four U.S.
WE 2: Senior Consultant: Big Four Taipei
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Re: pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity? [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 19:36
Meh. The colors are an interesting retro mix, but it seems a little too trendy to me... like they're going to have to spend another few million to redo it in a couple of years. I do have to give them a BIG thumbs up for finally formalizing the shortened name- heaven knows no one likes to write that sucker out every.single.time.

On the colors, though, if you think about it, Deloitte has navy/green, KPMG has blue/white, E&Y has black/yellow... what other 'professional' colors are out there? The red/orange spectrum seems like the obvious choice, but you want to stay away from the dated maroon look.

Per my initial comment, I do think they went a little TOO trendy with this one, but overall it's a step up from the previous old school look.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2164

Kudos [?]: 7667 [0], given: 3627

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity? [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 19:54
Expert's post
yes, it is a little off. Actually very interesting to see that they did not write their full name anywhere except in tiny font in the footer.

I don't have a lot of comments, except that perhaps innovation in a very conservative industry such as audit and tax accounting may require drastic moves, like this one. Very interesting – I guess we'll see how that works for them.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 46

GMAT Tests User
Re: pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity? [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 08:34
LOL This is hilarious. I was actually a big fan of their old theme/branding. It looked very professional. I don't know what they were thinking. I guess like BB said, since audit/tax are generally conservative, this is a way to differentiate themselves from the other 3.

It's a dawg eat dawg world.

Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.77
WE: Corporate Finance (Other)
Followers: 149

Kudos [?]: 488 [0], given: 527

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity? [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 08:51
Dawgie wrote:
LOL This is hilarious. I was actually a big fan of their old theme/branding. It looked very professional. I don't know what they were thinking. I guess like BB said, since audit/tax are generally conservative, this is a way to differentiate themselves from the other 3.

Agree with you. I have worked at PwC for three years.
Very often client's percepted the firm as a solid professional audit company.
Now "pwc" is written in small letters; i do not think tha this is a best way to differentiate themselves from the others.
we will how this rebranding will affect the firm.

Follow me, if you find my explanations useful.

Audaces fortuna juvat!

VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity? [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2010, 14:48
Interestingly during my time at PwC I was involved in a small piece of this rebranding project. Of course, my confidentiality agreement prevents me from saying much, but I will say that this was not a decision that was made quickly, there was a lot of deliberation over it.

I will say that I don't love it, but it is definitely better than some other options that were on the table at the time. I do like that it's much more modern and, quite frankly, less boring than the old branding/color scheme. I also really like the shortening of the brand to PwC. Most people knew the firm by that name anyway, so there's really no downside risk there.

Really the most interesting thing I see on the webpage is that they've gone back to referring to the consulting practice as "Consulting" rather than "Advisory". I guess enough time has passed from Enron et. al. that an accounting firm having a "consulting" practice isn't automatically seen as evil anymore.

Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth
WE 1: Analyst: Big Four U.S.
WE 2: Senior Consultant: Big Four Taipei
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 10

Re: pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity? [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2010, 19:02
Jerz wrote:
Really the most interesting thing I see on the webpage is that they've gone back to referring to the consulting practice as "Consulting" rather than "Advisory". I guess enough time has passed from Enron et. al. that an accounting firm having a "consulting" practice isn't automatically seen as evil anymore.

That IS interesting! Guess the terms of the sale to IBM in 2002 included a noncompete of less than ten years, eh? Or maybe they're just leaving the consulting name on the Bearingpoint Commercial Services segment they acquired?

I know Ernst & Young and Capgemini's noncompete is still in effect, and I think KPMG and Bearingpoint is as well, although I have no idea how the bankruptcy and subsequent sales of some business units impacts that kind of legal agreement...

After Deloitte's blockbuster growth in their consulting business, it seems obvious that the other three firms would want to step up their practices as well.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain

Re: pwc's rebranding: a masterpiece or an extravagant absurdity?   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2010, 19:02