Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 01:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Q31 GMATClub Test Result - Book Review Help!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Q31 GMATClub Test Result - Book Review Help! [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2014, 19:09
hey all,

I just took a GMATClub CAT (the free one) for the first time today and I was shocked at the difficulty of it. When I took the GMATPrep Cat in June right before I started studying, I also got a Q31. Since then, I have gone through the following books:

1. Manhattan GMAT Foundations of MATH
2. Manhattan GMAT Fractions, Decimals, Percents
3. Manhattan GMAT Algebra
4. Manhattan GMAT Word Problems

I just started reading Manhattan GMAT Geometry (currently on the 3rd chapter) and I have not started the Manhattan GMAT Number Properties book yet. Should I be concerned that my score is this low if I am trying to take the GMAT in October and want to score at least a Q47 (70th percentile)? I have not started to study the Verbal yet (I got 80th percentile on that on the GMATPrep in June). The results of my GMATClub Test went like this:

Algebra 0/4 right - all 4 wrong were problem solving
Probability 2/5 right
Geometry 3/7 right - 3 of the 4 wrong were problem solving
Arithmetic 7/12 right - 4 of the 5 wrong were DS
Word Problems 2/6 right - 3 of the 4 wrong were problem solving
Statistics 1/3 right

by level it was:
700 level 4/15
600 level 2/9
500 level 9/13

At this point should I continue through the Geometry and Number Properties books this week, take the CAT again, and review the week areas or stop Geometry and spend time on the past books more?

thanks!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 42

Re: Q31 GMATClub Test Result - Book Review Help! [#permalink] New post 28 Jul 2014, 01:55
As per what I know, gmat club test (esp. maths) are toughest among all tests available over milkyway :-D
Nothing to get afraid/disappointed !

I'd recommend to study number prop. first and other topics as well; to attempt some gmat questions not from gmatclub tests, and to gain much confidence prior taking you next gmatclub math test :)

Best
MKS

Best
MKS
Appreciate it with Kudos !! :)

Re: Q31 GMATClub Test Result - Book Review Help!   [#permalink] 28 Jul 2014, 01:55