Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 03:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Q47, V34 as per mocks !!! Freaking me out :X ; Aim is 700+

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GPA: 3.18
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Q47, V34 as per mocks !!! Freaking me out :X ; Aim is 700+ [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2014, 17:04
Hello Mam/Sir,

Thankyou for providing the access. I have tried mocks & my score is fluctuating between 600 to 650. My aim is 700+.  I

have 30 days left for my exam. Need assistance so as to how to proceed further. I found the GMAT club test Verbal

pretty tough & the scores are hitting on my confidence thus i stopped doing them instead i am doing 800 score verbal

test.

Natuarlly i am good at math thus i haven't focussed much on it & end up scoring Q47 average in mocks. Now even after i

do a lotta practice tests i am stuck with this score. I am disapponited that i am unable to use my strength to leverage my

score. My stratery was to completely focus on Verbal since its my weak area ( V29 was my average for about 4 tests).

After taking the egmat course its gone up to V34  ( took only couple of tests). But now i am worried about math as i said

which is my strength area.

In verbal when i individually solve a particular set of questions ( Only SC or Only RC). My accuracy is about 80%. But in

mocks this is going down even though i maintain timing, concepts & stratergy which is the same during those sectional

tests.

Similarly in Quant PS i have an accuracy of 90% & DS about 75%. But when i take combined Quant test i end up with

75% for PS whereas DS remains as it is.

This whole phenomenon is kinda freaking me out.

My target is Q50 & V38... Request you to kindly guide me how to proceed further next so as to achieve this score.  

Regards,
nik
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 111 [0], given: 11

CAT Tests
Re: Q47, V34 as per mocks !!! Freaking me out :X ; Aim is 700+ [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 23:43
Expert's post
Hi there,

Great job so far improving your verbal! I would go back to the GMATclub tests but only for the Quant sections. Don't worry about the scores. I've had students stay in the 30's of GMAT club and get 50's on the real GMAT. Focus on reviewing the wrong answers and on learning new things. If DS is your weaker section the GMATclub tests will be great because they force you to be extremely organized on DS questions. The GMATclub tests can be de-moralizing but they are a great tool for getting an elite Quant score. Ideally, I would work through all the GMATclub tests twice so that you really absorb all of the concepts:) One thing that can help - if you encounter 2-3 impossible questions in a sections don't waste the time/energy to review. Focus on the important and possible 95%.

Hope this helps get you on the right track!

Happy Studies,

A.

"It is a curious property of research activity that after the problem has been solved the solution seems obvious. This is true not only for those who have not previously been acquainted with the problem, but also for those who have worked over it for years." -Dr. Edwin Land

GMAT Sample Questions to assess your GMAT Quant.

If you found my post useful KUDOS are much appreciated.

IMPROVE YOUR READING COMPREHENSION with the ECONOMIST READING COMPREHENSION CHALLENGE:

Here is the first set along with some strategies for approaching this work: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-economist-reading-comprehension-challenge-151479.html

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GPA: 3.18
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Q47, V34 as per mocks !!! Freaking me out :X ; Aim is 700+ [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 05:44
Thanks a lot , i ll try continuing with the quant & review my mistakes.

Regards
Nik
Re: Q47, V34 as per mocks !!! Freaking me out :X ; Aim is 700+   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2014, 05:44