Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

QN: how many days before to do the last full-length test

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
QN: how many days before to do the last full-length test [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2006, 17:31
hi,

i hope to hear from some of the high scorers regarding this question.

I asked this, because usually after just 1 or 2 days after my full length test, I don't have the drive and enthusiasm to take another one. (I don't know whether you share the same feeling.) so imagine that the next one is the actual GMAT, how many days in advance should I take my last self-practice?

What did you do?
Thank you.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2006, 20:40
For me, I would say 3 days. Keep the last 2 days to go through your error log.

Since you say that you lose the drive for the next 1 to 2 days, I think G-3 days is also good for you.

http://phdmilestone.blogspot.com/

VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2006, 00:26
thanks. I think it is reasonable for me too.
VP
VP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
day before? [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2006, 19:52
What worked for me (710, Q46 V42, 1st and only time) was:
Full test: 4 days before.
Quant test: 2 days before and 1 day before. I still needed to work on my rhythm then so I used each occasion to solve 41 quants at a time.
YET: don't do any on test date! You'll burn out and learn nothing new.

hope it helps.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: QN: how many days before to do the last full-length test [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2006, 09:20
tennis_ball wrote:
hi,

I asked this, because usually after just 1 or 2 days after my full length test, I don't have the drive and enthusiasm to take another one. (I don't know whether you share the same feeling.) so imagine that the next one is the actual GMAT, how many days in advance should I take my last self-practice?

What did you do?
Thank you.

When are you sitting tennisball? I plan to take GMATPrep each of the 3 days leading up to the exam. I think repeats will boost my confidence and affirm my conceptual knowledge.

Besides, I think on test day, your adrenaline will be pumping. Your drive can't possibly be "down" for the real thing.
VP
VP

GMAT Tests User
Re: QN: how many days before to do the last full-length test [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 00:48
kidderek wrote:
tennis_ball wrote:
hi,

What did you do?
Thank you.

When are you sitting tennisball? I plan to take GMATPrep each of the 3 days leading up to the exam. I think repeats will boost my confidence and affirm my conceptual knowledge.

Besides, I think on test day, your adrenaline will be pumping. Your drive can't possibly be "down" for the real thing.

Dec 5th for me.

I won't do any test at least on the day before the exam. and you better don't do it. you can do some practice questions just to keep the brain active every day, but i don't recommend full test the day before.

I probably will do my test on Sat and get ready for Tues test. I'll do one on Sun if you want to, but this is flexible.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2006, 12:31
Well,

I just have my own theory about tests. I just did, and recommend, a whole test in every of my last 4 days (2 Powerpreprs and 2 GMATPreps). I also took one challenge each of those days and even one the same day as GMAT (I had GMAT at 16:00). The idea was to feel like the exam and to have your mind as used as possible to GMAT's feeling and, especially, be used to time and nerves management. The main problem is that a bad score can drive you down your self confidence, but that's a risk that it's worth it (at least it was for me, 760).

But I guess I've been always one of those guys who must study until a few minutes before the test. And well, when I finished the test, about 20:30, I was exhausted.

Good luck.
  [#permalink] 11 Nov 2006, 12:31