Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:49 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Aidha
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 620 Q49 V27
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 246 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Quants took it away: 680 (Q46, V 37) [#permalink]
Try the GMAT Club Tests. They have a good mix of tough and GMAT style questions. I did try them out, need to see how good they really are on Sept 6th. My date with the witch :).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mattapraveen wrote:
Try the GMAT Club Tests. They have a good mix of tough and GMAT style questions. I did try them out, need to see how good they really are on Sept 6th. My date with the witch :).

Yeah.. I have heard good things about the GMAT Club Tests.
Also, all the best for your exam :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
GMATmission wrote:
jump again into the wagon and tame the GMAT. Wish me luck!!!

P.S. Tips to improve quants will be appreciated.

mattapraveen wrote:
Sept 6th. My date with the witch :).

You guys are funny :) - liked your expressions. Good luck to both of you guys! Tame this witch this time. ;-)

GMATmission,

I have not given GMAT so you might doubt my advice, as I have nothing to prove. Moreover, I have not studied much for Quant as such. However, I have given a handful of practice tests and have preformed decently in the Quant section in all, and this what I have realized in Quant: Confidence is the key! You must believe in yourself that you will be able to ALL questions in the section correctly. DO NOT let any area scare you - if it does that means you are missing a handle on the concept - your action should be do whatever necessary to not let that happen. Try to think of all questions the same; at least to the best possible extent :) - even if it is 37 inequalities in a row.

You should be able to visualize the problem from the top - DO NOT be afraid to use intuition. For instance, if x1/y1 > (x1+x2)/(y1+y2), you should be able to visualize that this implies x1/y1 > x2/y2 and do not need to prove yourself during the test. I use these hunches and intuitions pretty much in every other question. I solve ALL the GMAT-like Geometry problems in < 1-1.5 mins without a lot of computation. Also this applies VERY MUCH to inequality questions. I would highly recommend start getting a feel of these problems - DO NOT blindly solve these problem - feel the numbers given and visualize them as you read. Same as you do while solving CR; unless you know what the author implies (his conclusion and what is he using as basis for the conclusion at high-level) you can't evaluate the choices. In-fact, lately I have come to realize this actually applies to SCs as well, and my accuracy has gone by visualizing what author is trying to say rather than treating them as orthodox math problems, which again should not be assumed as number crunching :). That's my 2 cents.

Good luck :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhicoolmax wrote:
GMATmission wrote:
jump again into the wagon and tame the GMAT. Wish me luck!!!

P.S. Tips to improve quants will be appreciated.

mattapraveen wrote:
Sept 6th. My date with the witch :).

You guys are funny :) - liked your expressions. Good luck to both of you guys! Tame this witch this time. ;-)

GMATmission,

I have not given GMAT so you might doubt my advice, as I have nothing to prove. Moreover, I have not studied much for Quant as such. However, I have given a handful of practice tests and have preformed decently in the Quant section in all, and this what I have realized in Quant: Confidence is the key! You must believe in yourself that you will be able to ALL questions in the section correctly. DO NOT let any area scare you - if it does that means you are missing a handle on the concept - your action should be do whatever necessary to not let that happen. Try to think of all questions the same; at least to the best possible extent :) - even if it is 37 inequalities in a row.

You should be able to visualize the problem from the top - DO NOT be afraid to use intuition. For instance, if x1/y1 > (x1+x2)/(y1+y2), you should be able to visualize that this implies x1/y1 > x2/y2 and do not need to prove yourself during the test. I use these hunches and intuitions pretty much in every other question. I solve ALL the GMAT-like Geometry problems in < 1-1.5 mins without a lot of computation. Also this applies VERY MUCH to inequality questions. I would highly recommend start getting a feel of these problems - DO NOT blindly solve these problem - feel the numbers given and visualize them as you read. Same as you do while solving CR; unless you know what the author implies (his conclusion and what is he using as basis for the conclusion at high-level) you can't evaluate the choices. In-fact, lately I have come to realize this actually applies to SCs as well, and my accuracy has gone by visualizing what author is trying to say rather than treating them as orthodox math problems, which again should not be assumed as number crunching :). That's my 2 cents.

Good luck :)

hmmm...it looks like you have a platonic relationship with quants...amazing and thanks for the idea. Let me see if I can develop such a bonding and crack it.

All the best for your exam :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
you guys are hilarious.. ""tame the witch by making a platonic relation"".. I like dat

all the best to guys (mattapraveen and abhicoolmax).. your D day is coming .. 6th sept and 12th sept

GMATmission, heard about GMAT Club tests.. they are good.. Also you can try Kaplan 1001 quiz bank.. I just bought yesterday for 99$ at GMAT Club discounted price.. so far loving what it has to offer..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
prasrush2001 wrote:

GMATmission, heard about GMAT Club tests.. they are good.. Also you can try Kaplan 1001 quiz bank.. I just bought yesterday for 99$ at GMAT Club discounted price.. so far loving what it has to offer..

Noted..thanks :)
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts