Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 12:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Queen's or Ivey

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Queen's or Ivey [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2006, 15:31
Hi Linda,

I am trying to choose between offers of admission from Queen's MBA for Science and Technology and the Ivey School of Business - both in Canada (where I'm from). Both schools are a one year program, but this will be the first intake of Ivey students that complete the one year process - they've just switched from 2 years, and that gives me some concerns. I am planning to focus on entrepreneurship, and am wondering if you could offer any advice on which school you may choose and why. Thanks, as always, for any help you can give.

Mac
SVP
SVP
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Queen's or Ivey [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2006, 12:14
macbell wrote:
Hi Linda,

I am trying to choose between offers of admission from Queen's MBA for Science and Technology and the Ivey School of Business - both in Canada (where I'm from). Both schools are a one year program, but this will be the first intake of Ivey students that complete the one year process - they've just switched from 2 years, and that gives me some concerns. I am planning to focus on entrepreneurship, and am wondering if you could offer any advice on which school you may choose and why. Thanks, as always, for any help you can give.

Mac

Macbell,

I'm answering for Linda. This is a tough call. Queen's has some things going for it: higher ranking, higher average GMAT of accepted students, older student body, and marginally cheaper tuition. However, Ivey seems to be the more selective school and bests Queen's decisively in two important areas: average stating salary at graduation and percentage of students who have jobs at graduation. Since both offer entrepreneurship tracks, entrepreneurship student clubs, and claim enterpreneurship as one of their leading areas of study, your decision will have to come down to which of the factors mentioned above mean the most to you. One additional desideratum: Ivey is 80% case study method whereas Queen's is mixed methods.

If it were my choice, I would probably go with Ivey, but I would want to do a lot more due diligence on the specific strengths of each school's entrepreneurship programs (strength of faculty, business plan competitions, number of electives, etc.). I hope this has helped.

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter