Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 09:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Queen's School of Business, Canada

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Queen's School of Business, Canada [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2007, 09:42
Starting 2007, the Queen's School of Business has lifted off the entrance constraint from its flagship MBA program - the Full Time MBA.
The program, formerly called Queen's MBA for Science and Technology, used to accept applications only from candidates with work experience in the field of Science & Technology. It now accepts applications from all work-experience backgrounds, and the program has been renamed Queen's MBA.

The program has four elective streams, namely:

Consulting & Project Management
    Marketing
    Finance
    Innovation & Entrepreneurship

Queen's MBA has been famous for helping its students with career switches, and also for its Team-based Approach.

Please discuss opinions / queries.

teh calvin

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2007, 08:51
It sounds like a good program but the fact that they start in May has forced me to forget about applying. I think this was a ridiculous decision on their part.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2007, 09:49
cappy wrote:
It sounds like a good program but the fact that they start in May has forced me to forget about applying. I think this was a ridiculous decision on their part.

There are many MBA programs that start in May, including one of Ivey's MBA intakes in Western Ontario. The application schedule is pretty much the same as most B-schools. Unless a candidate has specific reservations about the exact time to start MBA (waiting for finance or promotion?) or finish MBA (recruitment timing?), I fail to see any reason why the May start will affect candidates.

teh calvin

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2007, 10:49
I think that unless Queens is your first choice then it makes it very inconvenient. I am applying to some US schools as well for R2 so I wont find out until the end of March (for September start). If Queens is an option for someone like me (and many seem to be R2 applicants) then that leaves us only April to make all of the necessary financial aid arrangements, quit our job without burning any bridges, and find a place to live in Kingston. That is asking a lot to attend a program that is not head and shoulders above the rest.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2007, 10:58
cappy wrote:
I am applying to some US schools as well for R2 so I wont find out until the end of March (for September start).

Ah, makes sense given the R2 results timings of US schools. Tough luck.

teh calvin

[#permalink] 15 Jan 2007, 10:58