Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 12:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Query about Non-activation of my GMATPILL online course

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Query about Non-activation of my GMATPILL online course [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 04:29
I just bought the full GmatPill program for 357 American dollars.
I don't know if this is a lot to the good people of the US, but in terms of South African rands, And South Africa, it is quite a sizable amount. And even being a junior doctor, with a decent salary, this amount was not easy to part with.

I had a disappointing 1st attempt gmat score of 610. I admittedly was unprepared, but did work hard before for about a month and was expecting mid600s atleast. After wiping the dirt from my face, i looked around for the best resource and came across the
GmatPill by the Stanford Genius Zeke.

I was excited.

But that excitement turned to turmoil quicker than you can say 610 is a joke.
I paid, even got a receipt, but have no access to any of the material I have paid for.
Literally have no access. I am treated as a unpaid guest under the username and email account I paid with.
And worst of all every time I re enter or re login , it directs me straight to the credit card screen to pay, as if to say - pay up you cheap bastard.
I did, I paid the full amount!!. It was debited from my account at R3600+ (ins R10 to the dollar) and I even received a receipt via email.

This is actually unbelievable and a professional company should not ever put a customer through this kind of turmoil.
I am shaken and disturbed by the prospect that my money has just been taken from me. I live in a country renowned for crime and I feel almost as bad as when I was robbed at gunpoint a year back.
I am very disappointed and dismayed.

To this point, continuing effort to get a response or explanation from them via email has been to no avail.

It has been around 1hour and 2 xanax since payment.

Please advise if anyone can help me with this situation.
Will be greatly appreciated

Zax

Last edited by Narenn on 03 Aug 2013, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Renamed
GMAT Pill GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 102

Re: GmatPill just took my $357 and ran [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 04:36
zax555 wrote:
I don't know if this is a lot to the good people of the US, but in terms of South African rands, And South Africa, it is quite a sizable amount. And even being a junior doctor, with a decent salary, this amount was not easy to part with.

I had a disappointing 1st attempt gmat score of 610. I admittedly was unprepared, but did work hard before for about a month and was expecting mid600s atleast. After wiping the dirt from my face, i looked around for the best resource and came across the

I was excited.

I paid, even got a receipt, but have no access to any of the material I have paid for.
Literally have no access. I am treated as a unpaid guest under the username and email account I paid with.
And worst of all every time I re enter or re login , it directs me straight to the credit card screen to pay, as if to say - pay up you cheap bastard.
I did, I paid the full amount!!. It was debited from my account at R3600+ (ins R10 to the dollar) and I even received a receipt via email.

This is actually unbelievable and a professional company should not ever put a customer through this kind of turmoil.
I am shaken and disturbed by the prospect that my money has just been taken from me. I live in a country renowned for crime and I feel almost as bad as when I was robbed at gunpoint a year back.

To this point, continuing effort to get a response or explanation from them via email has been to no avail.

Zax

write on there websites...mail them..... send a copy of your mail(money receipt)... they will fix it

Asif vai.....

Intern
Intern

Re: GmatPill just took my $357 and ran [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 04:53
Thanks I hope they will! And soon as well!!!
This kind of service is rather pathetic for a supposedly top rated company
with business week and times reviews etc.
Starting to get paranoid that GmatPill is associated with the South African government,
which means that $357 will never be seen again.

Sent them receipts and proof of payment etc, but as yet no response.

Thank you for your reply
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GmatPill just took my $357 and ran [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 04:59
zax555 wrote:

I was excited.

Zax

It could be some technical error mate. I would say don't panic, as I have heard and read about them, they are very reliable company. Even though I never bought any of their product but I have used their free practise account. But from the testimonials I have read on google and the forums, i can say they are not any scam or something. I am sure the issue will be fixed soon for you.
Good luck.
Intern
Intern

Re: GmatPill just took my $357 and ran [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 05:02
Many thanks for the confidence bro.
I hope they will.
It's very distressing - even more so now as I stand infront of a Boss Leather Jacket on Sale for $350

Thanks Man

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 150

Kudos [?]: 948 [1] , given: 895

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GmatPill just took my $357 and ran [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 08:09
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Dear Zax555,

GMATPILL representative will respond you shortly. I would like to request you to kindly express your concerns directly to the representative of the respective test prep company thru PM prior discussing them in public domain. Every major test prep company has its representative on the GMATCLUB.

Thanks

Narenn

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Expert Post
3 KUDOS received
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 292

Kudos [?]: 672 [3] , given: 6

Re: GmatPill just took my $357 and ran [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 08:13
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Zax,

Your issue has already been resolved within 3 hrs. Not too many places offer a 3 hour response time.

Your first email came in at 7:37 am on a Saturday morning - the issue was related to your credit card not settling yet.

We responded and enabled your account at 10:36 am - less than 3 hours of response time.

We can provide the screenshot documentation, if needed.

The technical issue related to your credit card was resolved IMMEDIATELY upon receipt of your multiple emails. Your payment was marked as "unsettled" - we trust your payment is valid and have enabled your account. Unfortunately, that trust has led to this public posting.

If there's anything else we can do, please let us know.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Intern
Intern

Re: Query about Non-activation of my GMATPILL online course [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 10:19
Hi - I have posted an apology earlier in a different thread as the current one was blocked
due to misrepresentation of the GMATPILL brand/name. Which I fully agree is a name of true quality and that I did act wrongfully against in an impulsive, unnecessary manner.

The Head Administrator requested I post in this thread so as to not cause confusion.
I am more than happy to obilge and this is my apology...

My sincerest apologies to everyone at GMATPILL and GMATCLUB.
I did not wish to create problems or become a 'stirrer' as they say.
And I did not realize the forum was completely 'public', I was just looking
to get help from fellow GMATeers.
And having just flunked the gmat at 610, I am on 'break point'.

The staff at gmatpill did rectify the problem extremely quickly. Like they have stated, a 3 hour
response is unheard of, and they are right. I have never had a problem taken care of so quickly, ever, infact.
I will give them that much. I am really happy with the amount of material they have as a paying member. The 357 US dollars seems well worth it.
Objectively compared to other products, the gmat seems unreal in value and content
(and trust me as a doctor, I've done my research). If i am not allowed to promote
certain products 'publicly' over others then I will apologize for this post as well. But GMATPill
seems, though I am making an early and not well informed statement, to be the must buy material.

As I said I do not wish to cause problems. And I am sorry.
I come from a city of greed and corruption, I don't know if you guys have heard of it - they
call it the city of gold. Anyway, so paranoia is vapid. And I did react very poorly to the situation.

I am of Indian decent. Ie my grandparents are from Gujarat, India and they emigrated/were taken as slaves
to South Africa. I am a second generation South African, but am true to my Indian heritage as well as my
South African nationality. And in my culture no matter who the wrong party is, and no matter what the problem is, or who
is at fault..,.. Just out of pure respect and dignity, an apology that is true and sincere is made by both parties. An issue or disagreement is not selled until both sides come to respect each other. If not, it is said that the soul is left in unrest.

I did not once receive a 'sorry' or 'apology for the inconvenience' or any regret of any kind from any of the support, in the the slightest. Not once. Not in the emails. Not on the public forum. And it just saddens and disappoints me, especially coming from a world I aspire to live in.

As for my part
1) I am genuinely sorry
2) if it was the credit card company and bank at fault I apologize for that as well, as those are my concerns
3)I did not realize the team was in NY and did not think of the timezone difference, I am sorry for that as well.
4)if there is anything else I can do to make things right, I am happy to oblige,
5) the service, within 3hours, and especially on a Saturday, is undoubtedly worldclass and I thank you for that
(I did not even realize it was weekend as I work on Saturday - my apologies)
6) I wish to work hard and study and that is all. I wish everyone well and all who I have caused problems with
sincerest of regret and apologies.
7) I want to move on amicably now without a sour taste, and please let me know how we can achieve this. Please.

Again , to the GMATPill and everyone affected, it was my wrongdoing and I apologize.
Thank you for the excellent help, quick service, and it seems excellent product.

Zax
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 292

Kudos [?]: 672 [0], given: 6

Re: Query about Non-activation of my GMATPILL online course [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2013, 18:02
Expert's post
Zax,

Thanks for your apology.

Although we were initially disheartened by your public post over a technical issue, we do recognize that it takes strong character and integrity to go back on your previous words and change your mind --and we thank you for that.

We hope you continue to enjoy your experience and continue to make progress towards your GMAT goals.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Query about Non-activation of my GMATPILL online course   [#permalink] 03 Aug 2013, 18:02