Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 14:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Query about schools to apply

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Query about schools to apply [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 00:26
Hello to all GMAT Clubbers,

I had a query regarding which would be the best business schools that I can apply to for the full time MBA program.

My Profile:

Nationality: Indian
Degree: B. Tech (Production Engineering)
GPA: 6.9/10.0 (First Class)
GMAT1: 650 (Q46, V34, AWA5.0)
GMAT2: Scheduled on November 11, 2011
TOEFL: 111/120 (Reading 30, Speaking 23, Listening 29, Writing 29)
Work experience: Working in the manufacturing sector since June 2009. Will complete 2 years of work experience by the time the program starts.

I'm particularly looking at Business schools in Britain, America, Canada, Singapore and New Zealand (basically any country where English is the main language used). If you were to advice me on the basis of the profile that I've outlined above, which schools would you suggest that I apply to?

I've gone through some of the posts on the forum, but I've not come across such information for any person with two years of work experience.

I'll really appreciate any help that you could provide me, as I aim to finalize the list of 6-7 schools that I intend to apply to. Thanks in advance :)

P.S: I'm sort of a rookie in this forum, so pardon me moderators if I'm not permitted to create a new thread for this.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Schools: Schulich class of 2012
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 2

Re: Query about schools to apply [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2010, 14:06
What industry do you wanna go into after school's done?
Intern
Intern

Re: Query about schools to apply [#permalink] New post 17 Oct 2010, 00:37
I'll prefer to work in marketing after school is done.

Another option that am considering is Global management, so am also thinking of Thunderbird as an option.

Either of the two.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 9

Re: Query about schools to apply [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2010, 22:33
rajeevmundhada wrote:
Hello to all GMAT Clubbers,

I had a query regarding which would be the best business schools that I can apply to for the full time MBA program.

My Profile:

Nationality: Indian
Degree: B. Tech (Production Engineering)
GPA: 6.9/10.0 (First Class)
GMAT1: 650 (Q46, V34, AWA5.0)
GMAT2: Scheduled on November 11, 2011
TOEFL: 111/120 (Reading 30, Speaking 23, Listening 29, Writing 29)
Work experience: Working in the manufacturing sector since June 2009. Will complete 2 years of work experience by the time the program starts.

I'm particularly looking at Business schools in Britain, America, Canada, Singapore and New Zealand (basically any country where English is the main language used). If you were to advice me on the basis of the profile that I've outlined above, which schools would you suggest that I apply to?

I've gone through some of the posts on the forum, but I've not come across such information for any person with two years of work experience.

I'll really appreciate any help that you could provide me, as I aim to finalize the list of 6-7 schools that I intend to apply to. Thanks in advance :)

P.S: I'm sort of a rookie in this forum, so pardon me moderators if I'm not permitted to create a new thread for this.

Hi Rajiv,

For many of the top schools, two years of work-ex is on the lower side. But for Indian applicants, applying early is a common trend (CAT backlash story for you?). Are you applying with this GMAT score or is there a possibility of re-taking it?

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com

Intern
Intern

Re: Query about schools to apply [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2010, 22:56
I have my retake scheduled on November 11th. Hope to do better in that one :)

And no, not really a CAT backlash story. From my 4th year itself I had decided to give GMAT and try and get into a college after two years of work experience. The main problem that occured was, that due to the workload, I kept delaying my GMAT to a later date, always expecting to have time to study in the near future.

But now, I'm stuck with an average GMAT score and am also in serious danger of missing my deadlines, so I want to decide on the schools which I want to apply to as soon as possible, and start working on the essays before my 2nd attempt at GMAT is complete.

Any help will be appreciated :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 9

Re: Query about schools to apply [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2010, 19:42
rajeevmundhada wrote:
I have my retake scheduled on November 11th. Hope to do better in that one :)

And no, not really a CAT backlash story. From my 4th year itself I had decided to give GMAT and try and get into a college after two years of work experience. The main problem that occured was, that due to the workload, I kept delaying my GMAT to a later date, always expecting to have time to study in the near future.

But now, I'm stuck with an average GMAT score and am also in serious danger of missing my deadlines, so I want to decide on the schools which I want to apply to as soon as possible, and start working on the essays before my 2nd attempt at GMAT is complete.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Nov 11th isn't too far off. You gotta put that Diwali vacation to good use, my friend.

How much have you been scoring on the practice tests?

Post your thoughts and experience on this thread and I could share my 2.54 cents. You might find several profiles similar to yours on that thread.

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com

Re: Query about schools to apply   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2010, 19:42