Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Nov 2014, 13:57

Happy Thanksgiving:

Free Access to GMAT Club Tests until 11 AM PST on Fri 11/28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Query regarding Undergrad % for a Mumbai University student

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Query regarding Undergrad % for a Mumbai University student [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2013, 01:26
I have a query regarding the applications to the MIM schools.
I havent heard an answer from anyone so i hope someone can help me out here.

I have completed my Engineering from Mumbai University in India with an aggregate of 66%
It might seem low however getting anything above 60 in Mumbai or Pune university is considered very good(our toppers are around 75-78 percent mark)

Ok,so my question is,how will this impact my application to schools for MIM?
Do the admins know about the strict universities like Mumbai and Pune?
A lot of other universities have students with percentages more than 85.But Mumbai and Pune University are reputed.

My list includes mainy HEC paris,LBS,ESCP europe and ESSEC.
Are the universities in France aware of the strict marking scheme in some universities in India?

I havent had a chance to interact with any student who is from Mumbai University has completed engineering and is pursuing MIM.
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me put here.

Thanks and regards,
Aditya.
MBA Admissions Consulting
WE: Consulting (Education)
Followers: 38

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 22

Re: Query regarding Undergrad % for a Mumbai University student [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2013, 08:48
Hi Aditya --

Yes, the schools all know how different the Indian universities are in terms of how they grade and relative rank. Your target schools will understand how to interpret your grades. If you're nervous about it, then you can write the optional essay to explain - but it needs to be handled carefully (sometimes people are too assertive in their claims in such an essay and it can be a turnoff - you'd want to lay out the facts and leave it up to the adcom to do the actual interpretation). You might also include a note in your resume that gives the actual % of your class topper if you know it, which could use as comparison. Be sure to only report actual facts though, no guessing!

This is a topic that comes up a lot and all of the adcoms are aware of it, so you don't need to worry. You can always reach out to your schools directly though - this is a question that they receive frequently and they'll be able to assure you better than some snarky person on an Internet forum probably can. :wink:

Good luck, BTW - those are great schools!

EssaySnark

EssaySnark Essays Reviewed on GMAT Club FOR FREE!

Re: Query regarding Undergrad % for a Mumbai University student   [#permalink] 31 Aug 2013, 08:48