Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11663 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1367 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Re: Question [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ross14 wrote:
I am at the begining of my studies and I was wondering what some of the experts think is best. Is it better to kind of master the quant section and then move into verbal? Or should I switch between verbal and quant. My initial test was 500. I am trying to score 700+. I have a long way to go and wondering what people think is best?

Since you have just started your preparation, you need not worry much about the score. This an certainly be improved.
I would recommend you to take both the sections along, else you face a risk of neglecting one section and will not be able to extract fully out of your mock CATs.
Your mock score shows a clear lack of fundamentals. In your preparation so far, how did you study? What material did you follow?

1. Did you take the test including AWA and IR?
2. Did you complete both the sections? (There is a high penalty if you do not complete a section)

Also, I would recommend you to refrain from taking tests until you have gone through all the fundamentals.
You need to build the concepts/fundamentals before you jump in solving the problems. You can do so by choosing one of the following ways:

1. In person classes/private tutoring
2. Online classes
3. Self paced online preparatory course
4. Book heavy approach

Whatever you choose, make sure that you choose one. Because GMAT tests you on some concepts and fundamentals that you can learn from a course. Most of the prep companies including ours offer a free trial of the course. You can take the trial and see if the course suits you.

In addition to the preparatory material, buy the Official Guides too and the 4 official mock CATs. They should be an indispensable part of your preparation.

You need close to 3 months to prepare well for the GMAT.

1. Understand the concepts and fundamentals before jumping into problem solving
2. Solve full length CATs including AWA and IR. You can get two free GMAT Prep mock CATs and can purchase two more from mba.com
3. Make sure you solve the official questions from the Official Guide
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Question [#permalink]