Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 22:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

question about accepting...

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

question about accepting... [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2007, 12:53
i plan on getting into my safety schools before i hear from my reach schools. i believe that i'll have about 2 weeks to make a decision once i receive the acceptance letter. if i still haven't heard from the other schools that i applied to then i am going to ask for more time to decide. but what if i run out of time? should i accept and then later on down the road tell them i've selected another school? i'd hate to do that, considering they may very well be my colleagues somewhere down the road and it seems very unprofessesional and immoral since i would be keeping another student from being accepted.

what do you think?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 23 Jun 2006
Posts: 389
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 303 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2007, 13:16
tough call :)

however - we are all human beings... i believe that the "safety school" people will extend your acceptance deadline for a reasonable period, so you won't have to make a decision on this tough one... if you explain it to them and they seem to be unreasonably harsh - it might probably be a school you don't want spend 4-5 years of your time in anyway (although i wouldn't jump to conclusions too fast)...

on the other hand... i wish i'll have one accept... this problem is what we call "rich men troubles" - i'll be happy with one admit
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2007
Posts: 9
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2007, 20:15
yea hopefully i can put them off for awhile. i got an email from one school (where i attended a recruiting event) saying that they are "going to vote on my admittance, which should just be a formality", they better not just be getting my hopes up. i've read the horror stories online of professors telling candidates they've been admitted but then later received rejection notices.
  [#permalink] 30 Jan 2007, 20:15
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Query about the admission acceptance resolehtmai1 0 20 Oct 2013, 08:48
Experts publish their posts in the topic Question for Accepted.com PM7890 1 29 Jun 2010, 12:05
1 Question about accepting an offer from a school junker 2 29 Jan 2010, 06:42
question about $$$$$ boredlawyer 24 22 Apr 2008, 21:37
Experts publish their posts in the topic Question about termination after acceptance....? jjomalls 1 08 Dec 2004, 14:26
Display posts from previous: Sort by

question about accepting...

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.